Magic Struggles (Chapter 3)

The songs of the birds above and the sway of the leaves, it was the excited squeals of the angels below that cut through the peace.

But at the side of the group, was the girl with the messy hair underneath the shade of a tree.

"Hrmmm..." Rairi sat on the ground and her arms were in front of her. Eyes shut, mouth straightened, she hummed while her arms shook.

"Augh..." Eventually, her arms lowered and went limp at her sides.

"Struggling with your magic?" Ophelia walked to the side of the tree as she tilted down at Rairi.

"Mm." She mumbled and nodded as she glanced over at the group who already had flashed their elements all over the place.

"Do you know how to use yours?" Rairi turned up at Ophelia.

"Only a little. It's pretty simple, but I'm not used to it I suppose." She shrugged and sat down beside her so that Rairi's neck won't hurt.

"What is it?" The cool air fluttered along their hair as they stared at each other.

Ophelia twirled her fingers and in the middle of her palms, and a knife manifested.

"I can basically make any kind of weapon, but they don't last that long." She grabbed it and thrusted it over to her stomach, but it disintegrated before the blade hit her skin.

Rairi narrowed her gaze from the reckless action, but nodded.

"That's really cool. It's weird why you have that kind of magic though." Rairi pointed out and tilted her head. Rairi saw Ophelia as a gentle soul, even if she had her outbursts and complains, it was rightful and she can tell she tries her best to hold it back.

So why would she have weapons as magic?

"A-ahahaha! I told you, I'm seriously super mean!" Ophelia chuckled as sweat trailed down her cheek. She kept eye contact with Rairi, yet the blank gaze that she sent her made her gulp.

"That's an opinion." Rairi mumbled but nodded.

"And besides, it doesn't make sense for you to get something like technology! You're a actor aren't you?"

"Mmm. But, technology make people lazy I guess..." Rairi didn't understand it either, but she just deals with it.

"O-On the topic of magic." Ophelia cleared her throat with a cough.

"Have you used techniques to use your magic?"

"Techniques...?" Rairi just thought that if she focused hard enough, she would sudden pop something out.

"Like a certain trigger, or even a thought process. With Meisa, if she cries she could summon more water, but for me..." Ophelia used both of her hands to hover in front of her, and parts of a gun to was created before the casing and outer layer was sealed.

"I think of creating the inside, like separating my imagination with parts so it's easier to make." Ophelia gripped the handle and as she pulled the trigger, the gun disappeared.

"It doesn't last for long, though." As Ophelia peeked over at Rairi, her head already bobbed up and down from her efforts to not to fall asleep.

"Nm... That sounds hard." Rairi's eyelids were already heavy, so Ophelia took her head and made it lean over the trunk.

"It's just like making a jigsaw puzzle. You slowly put the pieces together to make an object." Ophelia explained once again, but this time with more simplicity. She had guessed that both of their magic are similiar since they're the only ones who have a modern-ish type of magic.