Ruined Script (Chapter 22)

Lights,

Her hand placed on the knob of the door, just right behind this wall had been the girl she had to convince.

Camera,

The maid, Nov, had stayed behind her with eyes that longed for her return. Frankly, Rairi doesn't know if she'll even be back the same person.

Action.

She pushed the door open, and the light blinded her. A figure that sat in front of the bright window held a teacup in her hand, and its head turned towards Rairi.

"Took you long enough." Meisa spoke, and sipped on her tea again.

As Rairi closed the door and her eyes adjusted to the light, when she saw Meisa's usual grumpy expression, she gave a small smile.

"Yeah, it's been a while." Rairi spoke in her normal softer and mellow tone, and that made Meisa stop on her tracks.

"What does that mean?" Meisa raised an eyebrow at the maid.

"Who are you? Alice should be the one to give me food." As she narrowed her eyes, Rairi could tell that she recognized her voice.

"It's me, Rairi." As she paced towards her, it was the start of the act that she has to perfect no matter what.

This conversation weighed the whole of The Angels. If she'll successfully talk her into joining them again and trying to escape.

The Angels were most likely listening closely at the audio, that fact alone made her palm's sweat.

But she steeled her veins, no use for shivers now when she's already on the screen for the people to criticize.

"Rairi...? Demo nande..." The moment that name escaped her lips, Meisa's eyes widened as her jaw dropped. She even slipped into her native language.

She snapped to stand up, her tea splashed as she slammed it down on the small table at the side of her.

"How did you get in here? Wait, how did you even find me in the first place?" Of course her first reaction was confusion, Meisa didn't even expect them to come for her, let alone do something as risky as breaking into the home of a noble.

"They worked really hard to get to this point, really." Rairi's voice went softer as she glanced down at the floor.

"Everyone wanted you back." Rairi repeated the words that she heard when they interrogated that maid.

The way that Ophelia was so serious that she even started to threaten the maid.

Atheleme even made the twins behave just in order to get the information they needed.

Daisuke and Needle had made up the plan and scouted the area on how to make sure Rairi was safe and that would reach Meisa.

"You... You must be lying." Yet the parasite inside Meisa's skull dug inside her insecurities.

They all left her behind.

Why are they here now? There must be a reason.

"Meisa, I promise you I'm not." Rairi took another step forward, the beat of her shoes on the ground made Meisa tense up.

"Do you think it was easy to find where you were?" Rairi sighed and raised her head to make eye contact with Meisa.

The teary eyed furious glare she gave was already enough for Rairi to freeze her breath.

"We'll save you."

"Are you an idiot?! That girl, she's dangerous. You have no idea how–"

"We know." Rairi cut her off in a slice of confidence that she had gathered from Ophelia.