Episode 95 - Souma Goes to Yumuen 4

We arrived at the association in Yumuen and immediately met Soji and Mary. In the archbishop's office, I shake hands with Soji, who is wearing his robes today. The only thing that reminds me of the days when he was called the Bishop of Breaking Commandments is his stubble.

"I'm sorry, King. I had to ask you to come."
"Don't worry. I knew you wouldn't ask."

 While I was talking about this with Soma, Mary came forward.

"I would also like to thank you for thinking of Anne with me." "
Ah, yes. I can't guarantee that I will be able to save her, but I will do everything I can. In the end, Fuuga I was entrusted with the aftermath. If Ann's heart was broken during his hegemony... it would be hard to stay awake." "Still. Thank you,
Souma-sama."

 Mary bowed her head with tears in her eyes. She must have been very sad about Anne. ...[moon inscriptionLunaris] You should start working on this one first. I looked at Brad.

"That's it, Brad. Can you please examine Anne?"
"Sure. Where is the patient now?"
"He's waiting in his room."

 Brad asked, and Mary answered. Brad nodded and stood up.

"Let's examine him right away. I'll ask for guidance. Shall we go, Ludia?"
"Yes, sir."
"Eh, are you going to take Ludia-chan with you too?"

 Brad suddenly held hands with Ludia, so I widened my eyes. Brad then nodded as if it was only natural.

"Hilde must have said that. I need Rudia to perform my examination as a psychiatrist."

 ◇ ◇ ◇

「「 ......... 」」

 In the room Anne had given me, Anne was sitting on a chair, and Brad was sitting on the chair I had brought with me, facing each other. A room with no personality and only the bare minimum of furniture. There are large windows that let in light, but there are iron bars outside the windows. We watched the situation in the room from outside the room, in front of the door.

"It's clean, but...the iron bars on the windows make it look like a prison."

 When Rishia murmured that, Mary lowered her eyes and said, "...That's right."

''I made the room so that a lot of sunlight would come in so she wouldn't be scared.However, if there were large windows...I was afraid that if a demon suddenly appeared on her, she might jump.'' I was worried. That's why I installed iron bars." "
...I'm sorry. Those were inconsiderate words."

 Rishia apologized to Mary. Iron bars to prevent suicide by suicide? I hear that Anne still continues to have nightmares. It seems like Mary sleeps with her at night, but she's probably trying to prevent her from jumping off during the day when her surveillance is suddenly relaxed. I want to do something about it.

 While thinking about this, I looked at Anne and Brad...

"...Now, did you say Anne
?"

 Ann's body trembled as Brad called out to her. It was Anne's first time meeting Brad, who was an adult male and appeared to be frightened by his default face. I was wondering if he would react like this just by saying one word...I know it's too late now, but now that I think about it, I don't think Brad is suited to be a psychiatrist.

 I have the impression that psychiatrists are like counselors or therapists, treating patients with gentle facial expressions, soft voices, and words so that patients don't feel pressured. Even though he's a great doctor, I don't think someone like Brad, who has a snobbish face and high pressure, is suitable for him. As I was wondering what was going on, Brad let out a sigh.