Episode 71 - Broadcasting Revolution

-------Night Time 

Lombardo and Yomi are welcomed by the Juniro family to Van Castle.

"Right now, my father... my father is away, so I need to entertain the guests myself... after all, I am not used to this kind of thing, so I apologize if I have been rude. I hope you enjoy your night here"

 At the dinner table, Ivan raises his glass and said this to Ivan, Siena, Nanna, Lombard, and Yomi were now seated at the table, along with the food and sake placed in front of them. Van's style is to add lily root dumplings to the side of sautéed chicken. Lombard also raised his glass and responded.

"No, ever since I entered this castle, I've been enjoying myself enough."

 These words were also sincere. Van Castle was once the residence of the royal family of Amidonia, but was now the government office and tourist attraction of the Juniro territory. This castle, which was an important base for a military state, was too large and inconvenient for a single noble family to live in, so the Juniro family usually lives in a mansion below the castle.

"There are also guests from other countries visiting today, so I only made it possible for them to have dinner and lodging in this castle in a special way."

"The same goes for that 'ship'. This city really surprises us."

 Lombard and Yomi looked at each other and smiled wryly. As soon as the Lombards entered the castle, they were again baptized by this avant-garde city. A large atrium hall immediately after entering the castle. In the past, it would not have been strange for a large number of people to gather and hold a ball, and many ships with gorgeous and eccentric designs were displayed.

 Some boats were modeled after dragons, others modeled after pegasus horses. When Lombard asked about the row of ships, Ivan said,

"This is the【Fairy Spirit Ship】, and it's a boat used for memorial services.』

 It's an event that incorporates the customs of the world where Souma lived, in order to comfort those who died in the battle between Elfrieden Kingdom and the Amidonia Principality. On the day of the memorial service, people set out on gorgeous boats on the river to remember the deceased and make a fuss. (The fact that it became an event similar to 'spirit nagashi' has not been handed down).

 The fairy ships used at that time have changed year by year into flashier and more skillful ones due to the avant-garde thinking of the citizens of Van today. Then, some people said it would be that it would be a waste to discard them after using it only once.

"Then let's keep a good ship somewhere so that we can use it every year. Let's also display it while it's in storage and make it a landmark in this city. When I thought about it, Van Castle was the only place where I could exhibit a ship of this size, so I'm exhibiting it here."

 That's what Ivan explained to Lombard and the others. In terms of the world Souma lived in, it would be close to trying to attract tourists by constantly displaying the portable shrines and floats used in festivals. In fact, part of Van Castle now looks like a ship museum, and it seems that there are people who travel all the way here to see these ships.

"This castle itself is a symbol of the Principality of Amidonia, and it seems that there was an opinion that it would be unnecessary now that it was peaceful, so it would be better to leave the city alone and destroy it. However there was a lot of backlash, and it would have been a waste to demolish such a historic building anyway.

 Ivan said happily while carrying sake to his mouth.

"Thanks to that, we can also display the ship, and our family is very happy."