Episode 36 - Troubled Heart

Less than 1% of those who viewed the images displayed by Souma were able to correctly understand the meaning of the images. However, even if they didn't understand it, they would still have some kind of impression about it. The people from the countries that belong to the Marine Alliance, and other countries that do not belong to the Great Tiger Empire, such as the Dragon Knight Kingdom, might have wondered: "Why are they giving us this information at this time?"

It was understandable that the leaders of the Maritime Alliance, including Souma, had plans for the future after this great war. But in order to do that, they would first have to deal with the Great Tiger Empire, which was in front of them. The future can only be drawn after the difficulties ahead have been overcome... so the images didn't boost morale, but they didn't cause much disruption either.

On the other hand, the hearts of the people who belonged to the Great Tiger Empire were disturbed. The Great Tiger Empire was a vast and growing state with a large population. The current situation was that people from different countries and with different ideologies were united by Fuuga's charisma. It could be said that the Great Tiger Empire was made up of people who had come together to form a country, and who had entrusted their own dreams to the ambition of conquering the (Southern) Continent.

Because he understands that, Fuuga has managed to win popular support so far, showcasing his own powerful dreams and making people think of themselves as participants in Fuuga's heroic story. By presenting those who oppose Fuuga's heroic achievements as his enemies and those who support him as allies, he has created a system that could be called "theatrical supremacy", which has fascinated people. Everything in this era revolved around Fuuga.

――――However, right now that era is beginning to shift.

Because it was a country where various people had come together to form it, the way Souma's images were received was also different. The veteran warriors, who were naturally close to Fuuga, unknowingly recalled a certain exciting emotion after watching the video. Originally, they were a group of dreamers who had made their way from a small corner of the Eastern Association of Nations to dominators of the continent, caring nothing of the possible benefits. If they were informed that there was an adventure out there in the outside world that they didn't know about yet, they couldn't help but get excited.

"This is... don't break"

In the far west of the royal capital Parnam. Shukin, who was waiting for the confrontation between Souma and Fuuga to end, while still facing the Euphoria army, on the border between the Great Tiger Empire and the Euphoria Kingdom, muttered to himself. For the past few days, the two armies had only looked at each other, but today, a ball of water for receiving transmissions suddenly appeared over Euphoria's position. What was screened there was Souma's speech and promotional video.

"Mr. Shukin? What do you mean by 'don't break'?"

When Elul stood next to her and asked her, Shukin turned his sad eyes on her.

"Elul. What did you think of that video?"

"Me? I thought it would be interesting to see the northern world and stuff..."

"Yes, I also thought it would be the same for Elul."

At Elul's sincere words, Shukin said with a bitter smile.

"But I... feel inexplicably fascinated by it. I was informed of the existence of an adventure I hadn't experienced yet, in a world I hadn't yet seen, and I wanted to go there rather than compete for supremacy against the nations of humanity. I had heard about the world where the Cedians came from, but I never imagined that it was as vast as the southern world. To be honest, I envy those adventurers."