Episode 24 - Resurrection of Vargas Family

"It's finally starting, isn't it?"

Carl said with a sigh. He who appeared to be only around twelve years old, was deeply immersed in the fear and pressure of war. It was easy to understand if you compared him to Aisha or Naden since the mental age of long-lived races is sometimes influenced by their apparent ages. Dragonewt, who lived longer than elves, had slower physical and mental growth, so Carl was still a child as he physically looked.

Even so, ever since he became the head of the Vargas family on behalf of his father and sister, he didn't get scared or upset as a child would. Since Tolman knew this, he pretended not to see the tension in him and continued speaking.

"Yes. Your Majesty's instructions are to guard Red Dragon Castle to death. With Tomoe's help, the environment for breeding wyverns in this area was improved, and the Defense Air Force has greatly improved its strength. So, it would be a great loss for the kingdom if it is stolen or destroyed by the enemy. Furthermore, we must not let the opponent pass through. We must buy time until His Majesty's preparations are ready, so we need to keep attracting all the enemies we can."

"...I understand. That is why His Majesty sent half the Air Force and 30,000 troops."

His sister, Carla was similar to their father, a passionate warlord, but Carl was a serious and calm child, more similar to his mother Axela. Although he was not as enthusiastic as his father and his sister, his earnest and honest personality had been appreciated by Souma, other high officials, and lords, and he has led the Vargas family at times when difficult decisions need to be made. But when it came to war, the story was different.

Carl who wasn't good at fighting scenarios, would experience his first one. He would face a war as a lord. It wasn't just any armed conflict, like a skirmish or something, but rather he was at the forefront of a great war involving the entire world. So, it was no wonder that he was overwhelmed with anxiety. Perhaps his heart was wavering, and he was about to lower his head... but at that moment.

"General, be proud!" "Carl!"

"Hey!"

In response to such a rebuke, Carl straightened up and raised his head. Then two people walked up to Carl. Both figures had the wings, horns, and tail of a dragon, which were characteristic of a dragonewt, and also had red hair, similar to Carl's.

"Father, sister!"

Carl let out a voice full of happiness. Cástor and Carla had appeared, who had supposedly been kicked out of the Vargas family. The truth of Georg Carmine's rebellion had been revealed, and the Vargas family had gained great sympathy. And thanks to their achievements, they were in a state where they could return to the Vargas family.

But, even so, the two had taken it upon themselves to make sense of their own actions, Castor is now the captain of the aircraft carrier Hiryu and Carla, had never tried to return, because she was in charge of watching over the princes, and princesses who would lead the next generation. Each of them had a rewarding job. However, this time, at the time of the kingdom's crisis and the Red Dragon Castel's crisis, the two returned to the castle again, this time on Souma's orders.

"Sorry, Carl. I've kept you waiting."

"...Guuu...Yeah! I've been waiting for you, Older sister!"

While Carla was smiling, Carl responded cheerfully while wiping his tears with his sleeves. For Carl, who had endured so much anxiety, the return of these two very reliable people, felt like a million reinforcements had appeared. Castor then approached Tolman.

"Tolman. You had a rough time too, didn't you? Thanks for taking care of Carl."

"Of course, don't worry about that, My lord... No, I wonder if I should rather call you 'Captain'."