Episode 72 - Shadow Queen

"Let's go see my father's filming site tomorrow."

 Afterwards, at the dinner table, Ivan suggested that to Lombard and the others, and they said, "Yes, please." The destination was a village that was not far away, so they headed there with the Juniro family's carriage.

 What they arrived at was a rural village that seemed to be everywhere... or rather, it was a slightly old-fashioned and nostalgic view of a village. Fields, brick windmills, unpaved dirt roads, and stone walls of a little over a meter surrounded the village of uncertain defensive strength.

 Currently, the roads are well maintained throughout the kingdom, and due to the traffic of people, even in the countryside, there are fewer and fewer idyllic places. If you replace the impressions of the people of the kingdom when they see this village today with the feelings of people from the world where Souma lived, it would be similar to the feeling of seeing the area around the red brick warehouse in Yokohama and the townscape preservation district of Kurashiki and Takehara.

"Are you really filming in this village?"

 Lombard asked Ivan as he got off the carriage first and helped Yomi get off. Ivan nodded yes and looked up at the sun shining high above him.

"...It's just around noon, so it's time to shoot and broadcast. We've increased production of the mini-hoju, but we're still researching the recording function."

 Although the mini-hoju made it possible to record several programs, unlike the original, the mini-hoju does not have a recording function. Therefore, the mini-hoju is exclusively for live broadcasting. However, since the recording function of the original Orb was lifted only recently, it can't be helped.

(This village too... has a nostalgic atmosphere, but it doesn't look like a charming village.)

 That's what Lombard thought when he saw the scenery of the village. A village that doesn't look attractive to the eyes. The people living in the Friedonia Kingdom find value in such a village, and are trying to make effective use of it. The new Remus Kingdom is currently in the process of recovering from the war, and there are many ruins, but if even a part of the ruins remains, it might be useful for something, Lombard began to think.

 Then it happened.

"Caaaaaaaaa!!"

 A woman's desperate scream was heard from inside the village.

"No! Who!"

"Huh!? What the hell!"

 Lombard put his hand on the hilt of the sword on his waist while protecting Yomi. Lombard and the others were about to run toward the voice, but Ivan and Margarita suddenly turned around and blocked them.

"Wait, wait! I told you they're filming right now!"

 Ivan's tone was broken because he was so flustered. Seeing Ivan's desperate restraint, Lombard regained his composure and let go of his handle. Filming... Does that mean that the screams just now are the acting of the performers? When the two calmed down, the group slowly entered the village.

 Then, a crowd of people was formed at a certain farmhouse far away. On the other side of the crowd, there were people who handle a mini-hoju, which seemed to be a film crew, and beyond that is was a girl wearing an old-fashioned dirndl who gave of the impression of a farmer's daughter, and a patterns that pulled her hand. They were bad men.

"Dad! Dad!"

 A daughter who desperately resists being taken away by men, and a father who crawls on the ground and clings to the feet of men in an attempt to take back such a daughter. The men surrounding the parent and child were laughing and laughing.