Episode 25 - Red Dragon Castle Defensive Battle (Part 1)

--- At the same time. At Parnam Castle.

"Carla and company... I wonder if they're alright"

Liscia muttered. She was in the operating room at Parnam Castle, it was just me, Liscia and Julius in the room. A large-scale battle with the Great Tiger Empire is likely to be held for the first time in our country at the Red Dragon Castle. It has been reported that the Republic has intercepted the Great Tiger Empire well, the Kingdom of Euphoria is still in a stalemate, and Amidonia has repelled the Pope's army.

In each country, our friends are doing the best they can. We cannot be left to be consumed lest everyone's war efforts be lost. We have to hold on at all costs until we are ready. While I was thinking about that, Julius spoke.

"There is no problem"

Saying that he pointed to the Red Dragon Castle on the map placed in between us.

"Red Dragon Castle is a solid castle. If you protect it with 10,000 soldiers, it can last for several months without reinforcements. Furthermore, the former lords Castor-dono and Carla-dono have joined them, so inside the morale will be high. So even the Fuuga army should be careful when attacking."

Julius said so, but Liscia still seemed uneasy.

"But in order to deal with Fuuga and that flying tiger called Durga, our only option is to have the combination of Aisha alongside Naden, or Halbert and Ruby, right? And yet, we're talking about a tough win, besides that the four of them are on the defensive here in Parnam. Even with Carla and the others, I don't know if we can hold off Fuuga and Claire's griffon cavalry, just with the wyvern cavalry..."

"...we'll make sure they are as prepared as possible."

I said while looking straight into Liscia's eyes.

"They have enough soldiers, equipment, and food. I have also prepared some secret plans. If Fuuga comes out, we have no choice but to activate the "Magic Canceller" and they will have to lock themselves in the castle, Fuuga and company will not be able to respond. If they get stuck at Red Dragon Castle and they take too long, then we'll be right where we want to be."

"I agree with Souma. If I were on the enemy's side, I would move closer to Parnam, leaving only a suppression force, rather than deal with such a troublesome castle. That's the most troublesome move for us. That's why....".

Julius also commented. Liscia nodded to the tactician's words.

"...I see. It's going to be difficult from now on, so we'll have no choice but to trust them."

"Oh. After passing Red Dragon Castle, there is no other city that can be a breakwater for Parnam. Fuuga and company will arrive soon. We must finish our preparations to meet them."

"........."

Then, I noticed that Julius had a thoughtful look.

"What are you thinking?"

"... No, nothing"

Julius shook his head silently at my question.

◇◇◇◇

---Secondly. At the Fuuga army headquarters that surrounded the mountain where the Red Dragon Castle is located.

"First of all, we will have to attack to confirm the other party's intention to have led us to this city."

Hashim said it in front of Fuuga and Mutsumi, as well as the fierce and brave generals of the Fuuga army like Gaten, Kasen, Gaifuku, and Claire. There were also influential warlords from the annexed countries.