Episode 17 - Who Are You Fighting For? (Part 2)

Religious people are said to be more aggressive towards heretics than towards pagans. This is because pagans have not yet had a chance to touch the correct teachings to believe in, and there is room for conversion, but heretics follow incorrect teachings that defy the very name of the Lord, the idea is that there is no place to be saved.

In light of the history of this land, the conflict between Catholicism and Protestantism, should be easy to understand. During the Thirty Years' War, which turned from a religious war to an international conflict, Catholics massacred Protestant cities and angry Protestants killed Catholic prisoners who begged for alms. Despite the fact that they were of the same religeon, Christianity.

This is also related to the fact that the leaders are using the authority of the religion. It is inconvenient to have around a leader who spreads teachings similar to the "correct" teachings they use to rule the people. Not only can the teachings be confusing, but they also worry that their people will be easily drawn to their leaders' teachings because of their similarities. In short, they hate people similar to themselves.

That is why the leaders of the Lunarian Orthodox Papal States, which were guided by the Great Khan's Tiger Empire, hated the rise of a heretical sect called the "Lunarian Orthodox Church of the State(Friedonia)" centered around Archbishop Soji and Ex-Saint Mary. More than 70% of the Lunarian Orthodox Empire's army is staffed with civilians who should be called volunteers... Despite being such a hastily created corps, the reason why they boldly challenge the Kingdom of Friedonia's trained soldiers is that there were priests being burned.

(T/n: Basically riling them up, I think)

" Fight! Heretics must eat the hammer of the god! "

" Eradicate the Friedonians who spread wrong teachings!

" Lunaria is watching! Be brave as God's warriors!"

The priests of the martial arts manifest themselves with strong words against the believers. It was because of the anxiety that harassed them that made them utter violent and battle-hardened words that did not sound like priests. For the past several years, the Papal States of Lunaria has had a storm(large number) of purges. Around the time of the rise of Fuuga Khan, the groups that supported Fuuga and the groups that considered him dangerous were in conflict, and the groups that were considered dangerous, apart from Mary and the saint candidates who were exiled, were repressed as heretics.

After the battle between the Great Tiger Kingdom (at that time) and the Great Chaos Empire, those who were trying to use Fuuga's authority and the group that worshiped Fuuga fought, and the group that worshiped Fuuga, including Santa Ana, won. As such, the group attempting to use Fuuga was burned at the stake as heretics. In other words, the priests of the Papal States have been shown the end of those who lose in the political dispute.

For them, the existence of the Orthodox Kingdom(Kingdom of Friedonia) was extremely dangerous. If Souma defeats Fuuga and the Orthodox Kingdom stands victorious, they may be the next to be condemned as heretics. Fear and anxiety motivated the priests, who, in turn, motivated the assembled soldiers.

Lombard, a military commander of the Fuuga army, was watching the battle of the Imperial Orthodox army, from the base camp. Reinforcements from the Great Tiger Empire, led by Lombard and his wife Yomi, were assigned to protect Anne, who was at the base camp and was the current commander of the army.

"Although it is bleeding heavily... the Imperial Orthodox army is not demoralized at all."

Lombard nodded when he heard Yomi mutter, as she stood next to him, and looked at the situation of the war.