Episode 20 - Even if I'm At The End

Before Fuuga Khan began his invasion of the Kingdom of Friedonia. Souma had previously evacuated civilians from cities and towns that might be in the path of the Great Tiger Kingdom to land south of the royal capital of Parnam. This time there was more time available than during the conflict against Amidonia, so there was no need to use the violent method of burning the villages (so that no casualties would occur) with the fictional monster "Flame Pierrot", and related activities were used public to complete the evacuation.

This meant that the leaders of the kingdom thought that Parnam would decide victory or defeat. Some wanted to stay in the land where they were born and raised, but the priority was to evacuate non-combatants, such as children, civilian women, and the elderly, to the southern part of the kingdom.

And it was the same in the royal capital Parnam. Souma replaced Weist with Poncho and made him lord of the port city of Veneti Nova, which had become the second largest city in the kingdom, where Poncho was the chancellor of Ginger's university, Genia with other technical teams, and civilians from Parnam, along with their families, were evacuated to provide logistical support.

In the past, Poncho was temporarily appointed as the manager of Veneti Nova, but because it was considered that it would be a great difficulty for the newcomer Poncho to assume responsibility for the new city of Souma, it was entrusted to the veteran Weist, who had served under the command of Excel. However, since then, Poncho had accumulated more than enough achievements, such as solving food problems and the logistics of military operations supplies, for which he was again designated as the lord of Veneti Nova and its surrounding territories.

There were many ex-refugees in Veneti Nova who adore his second wife, Komain, so he should have no problem ruling. Weist, who Poncho replaced, had been awarded the territories around Altomura as well.

And Souma was about to send a certain person out of the royal capital on this day.

◇◇◇◇

"Roroa. Tomorrow you move to Veneti Nova together with the children."

"........."

It was night time and they were in Roroa's room.  It was only the two of them, when he started talking about her leaving, Roroa, for a moment, had a childish look on her face, as if he had hit her cheek for an unreasonable reason. Her expression was a mixture of shock, regret, and sadness. Even so, Roroa was trying to pretend to be calm, clenching her back teeth.

"After all,...we should go akan?" (aka, something like true)

"...Yes. If something were to happen to us, I can only trust Roroa with our affairs after we die."

"The affairs after your death... Do you have any idea what you're asking of me? If something happens, if you and the others disappear from this world, shall I protect the children and survive alone? Royal family, enduring humiliation..."

"... I am sorry"

"Ayamannaya!" (do not apologize)

When I asked for forgiveness, Roroa slammed her fist on my chest. She popped, but it didn't hurt much because it was a weak punch. At that, Roroa bit the edge of her lips regretfully.

"I'm not that frustrated that I don't have the power to fight. Even if Juna has the power to fight... At times like this, we can't do anything..."

"That's not the case. Thanks to Roroa, I had a lot of money to prepare. I think I can't lose even if I'm against Fuuga because I was able to gather all the preparations."

"But other than that, I'm worried."

Roroa then took a step back and faced me squarely.

"What about Yuriga and Maria? Will the two of them fight?"