Episode 14 - Current Status of Taise Castle (Part 2)

The siege tower was approaching with a rattling noise. The archer troops stationed on top of the tower shoot arrows at the walls of Tarus to prevent them from attacking the soldiers pushing the tower and the Rhinosaurus. Kuu and Leporina attacked behind the cover and shadow of the edge of the wall. The soldiers from the siege tower struggled to reach the wall, making their way through the onslaught of the Republican army that tried to prevent their advance. Nevertheless.......

"Okay! You don't have to block access! Pull them in as far as you can!"

The instructions given by Kuu were the exact opposite of what the soldiers in the siege tower had imagined. He was not saying that they should never get closer, but that you should bring them closer. As a result, the siege tower received only sporadic attacks and moved ever closer to the walls. Finally, the garrison on the wall and the archers from the siege tower closed in until their faces could be clearly seen.

"Understood! When we dock, climb the wall and secure the bridgehead for your allies..."

It was at that moment that the captain in command of the siege tower soldiers tried to give his order. Kuu jumped from the edge of the wall and onto the edge of the tower. In that moment, Kuu and the captain found themselves in the siege tower. Seeing Kuu's fearless smile, the siege tower captain felt a kind of chill and forgot to give instructions. Kuu said to the soldiers from the siege tower.

"Thank you for your hard work so far. Well done for coming this far, but this is as far as you come."

Saying that Kuu raised his club and the next moment.

――――Dogan!!Baki!! (Bang, bam)

A very thick square pillar that jumped out of the wall pierced the center of the siege tower that was about to approach the walls. The walls of Tarus are lined with square stones, but one of those large stones suddenly jumped out and pierced the siege tower.

"Wow-ah!" "I'm falling! I'm going to fall!"

After the pillars were destroyed, the siege tower collapsed and fell attacking the soldiers below it. The other siege towers that were about to approach in the same way were destroyed and collapsed by the stone pillars leaping from the walls. Seeing the scene, Kuu laughed invincibly.

"Ukkakka! You saw it! It's not just about protecting our walls!"

When Kuu remodeled Tarus and Leporus, he used the help of Tal and Trill's technical team to shape his ideas. One of them was the "Giant Pile Driver" that jumped from the walls. The development of the "Giant Pile Driver" had previously been established as one of the types of equipment used in the battle against Ooyamizuchi, installed on Mechadora. Kuu's idea was to put it on the walls.

"...How can it be so useful?"

Leporina sighed as if in amazement. The idea of ​​a fighting wall is interesting, but a piledriver doesn't make sense unless it's a situation where a big opponent is closing in. It will be a useless item unless it's a siege tower like this time or a huge monster. In addition, since it is a weapon that has been seen to kill for the first time, the other party will take action once it has been shown, even Tal who did it was wondering: "Is this useful?"

It may be for the best that Kuu is producing results with such weapons.

"But Kuu-sama? I don't think it will work next time?"

Kuu laughed at Leporina's words.

"Well, it's like a magic trick. Once you know what it's like, the audience will get tired of seeing the same thing. So this time, I change hands and change the product. The hammer is coming, it's coming... I wonder if it's coming! Isn't it funny that it's something like that? "