Episode 94 - Souma Goes to Yumuen 3

"This... might be a little bad."

 A few days after I told Colbert that I was going to Yumuen. I was reading the letter I received from Mary in the government office, and I muttered that. The letter from Mary describes the current situation of Anne, the Saint of Fuga. It seems that his heart has been broken by the repeated storms of purges within the Pope's country, and he is lying awake every night. I think I probably looked like I had just bitten a bitter insect.

"Soma? What's wrong?"

 Rishia, who was looking at me suspiciously, asked me, and I decided to have her read the letter as well. Rishia received her letter and was reading it, but her eyebrows gradually drew together and she had a complicated look on her face. And when she finished reading, she let out a sigh.

''It's partly Anne's fault for continuing to turn a blind eye to the results of her enshrinement, but...However, it's also too pitiful to dismiss her like that. Considering her situation.'' ''Ah. In the end
. She was just a pathetic doll being manipulated by adults.''

 She chose to be a doll. If you ask her, Mary was reaching out to Anne before she became a saint. It was Anne's choice not to take her hand. As a result of that choice, the current Ann is suffering, but there is no way that the Ann who made the choice would understand that. Pointing out that the choice was wrong is consequential.

''Mary seems to be supporting her, but she doesn't seem to be in good condition.'' ''It's
hard to heal emotional wounds, right?'' ''
Ah. I don't think it's anyone else's fault that she was crushed by her role.'' ''
That's right. I wish I could give it to you...do you have any ideas?"

 Rishia asked me, and I groaned while folding my arms.

"Hmm...When I go to Yumuen, I wonder if I should take someone who looks like a good person with me, like Brad."
"You mean a doctor? Isn't it Dr. Hilde?
" Apparently it was done by the priests of the Kingdom's Orthodox Church. Well, Hilde was busy teaching junior doctors, so Brad was cooperating with the research while babysitting.''

 Using his relationship with Soji, who was the Archbishop of the Kingdom's Orthodox Church at the time, he asked the clergyman, who often had the opportunity to listen to people's concerns, to cooperate with this world's first research on mental treatment. Brad participated from the medical worker side. Brad was a junior high school student, or rather had a slight lack of communication skills, so he left the guidance to his junior doctors to Hilde.

 Because of this, Brad has more free time (compared to Hilde), and seems to be participating in research on mental treatment while also babysitting his daughter, Ludia. I wonder if that surly guy is okay with being a psychiatrist, but he seems to be doing well, as I haven't received any complaints.

"That's why I'm thinking of taking Brad with me...I see. Do you want Tomoe-chan to come too?"
"Tomoe too? Why?"
"I've been thinking about it for a while. Well, I don't know if it'll work out. I do not know but"

 I grinned and said to Rishia, who gave me a strange look.

"Also, I'll take Ayesha with me as an escort, but... Maria is riding around Naden for charity work.... That's right, will Rishia go with me?" "Eh,
me too? Is that okay?"

 Rishia asked back with a shocked look on her face.

''If Soma leaves the country, I thought I'd stay home.'' ''
Until now.But now the world is stable, and Cyan and Kazuha have grown up a lot.If something goes wrong... Even if we can't return to this country for a while, Alberto's father-in-law, Elisha's mother, and Excel will still be there, so the kingdom won't fall into ruin. Juna-san, Roroa, and Yuriga will take care of us while we're away. I guess so."