Episode 41 - The Wife of the Brave (Yusha) Vs The Wife of the Hero (Eiyu)

"Haaah!" "Gugh..."

Riding a horse, Mutsumi brandished a longsword covered in flames and slew one of the kingdom's knights. The knight, whose chest was sliced ​​through his armor, fell from his horse with a look of anguish on his face. After confirming that her opponent was dead, Mutsumi calmed down her horse and raised her voice to her allied soldiers.

"Don't get trapped! Take advantage of your superior numbers to engage them in a wide area in battle and not focus your opponent's attention! That's the kind of battle the Royal Army hates the most!"

Armies with fewer soldiers than their opponents try to concentrate their own soldiers and disperse the enemy forces to defeat them individually to reverse the difference in forces. Historically, there are many examples of fighting methods in which the enemy is drawn into a narrow passage where a large army cannot be deployed, and the enemy is gradually crushed to victory. In order for the side with the higher number of soldiers not to let that happen, there is one thing it can do, which is to avoid simultaneously attacking the enemy with a large number of troops to avoid creating an opening by concentrating its forces.

In short, it was a sudden "all-out attack". That was Mutsumi's order. In fact, the eastern position under the command of Liscia was devising a strategy to annihilate the outstanding units one by one with long-distance fire that made use of the position and the strong bows of the Dark Elves. However, due to the sudden all-out attack, the Dark Elf archers were unable to concentrate in one place and had to be dispersed to provide covering fire in all directions, so the pressure was not as much as expected.

Then Mutsumi raised her longsword forward and shouted at the enemy soldiers.

"Those who value their lives must retreat! Those who want to make a name for themselves, come at me! I will kill those who hinder the ambitions of my lord, the extraordinary hero (Eiyuu) Fuuga Khan!"  

Mutsumi's imposing and dignified appearance made the soldiers of the royal army gasp. After all, Mutsumi had been renowned for her beauty, bravery, and intelligence ever since she was in the Eastern Nations Union, and she was so talented that the powerful royals, nobles, and knights of every country around the world couldn't help but woo her and send marriage proposals. After becoming Fuuga's wife, she often fought alongside him and didn't stand out, but as a general, she was as skilled a person as Shukin.

As the soldiers of the royal army shuddered in response to Mutsumi's great spirit, they heard the sound of hoofbeats approaching from afar. In the hustle and bustle of the battlefield, for some reason, Mutsumi turned around at the sound of hoofbeats and saw Liscia galloping on a white horse.

"Liscia-sama!?"

"Mutsumi-dono!?" (gakin)

The moment the horses crossed, Mutsumi blocked Liscia's rapier strike, which she performed in salute. It was only for an instant, but they both recognized that the other person was the person they had previously conversed with and quickly distanced themselves.

Liscia and Mutsumi. The only time they met in person was at the Van Summit, after which they only had brief conversations via broadcast. In a strict sense, it would be an acquaintance. However, Liscia deeply understood Mutsumi and Mutsumi deeply understood Liscia. Since their positions were very similar.

In that, they were women who were prepared to accompany their loved ones to the end.

"So the first Queen of Souma (yusha) came to the fore?"

"It's probably the same for both of us, isn't it? Your husband has started a war all over the world, so even our people don't have enough hands."

"So bad as to borrow the Queen's help? I'm very sorry for the inconvenience."