Chapter 59♡

(Nina's P.O.V)
Once I was settled in bed, I got my notepad out. I had such a long list. I couldn't wait for our big day. I was excited. I never thought that me or Axel would find happiness. Simon was so gentle, kind, funny, sweet, caring and considerate. He really took to Axel when he was growing. I remember the times when I used to push Simon away. I thought that I didn't deserve love. I was willing to raise Axel on my own. He just never abandoned me. He was there. I just loved him. Looking at my list, I heard Axel..

"Admit it Dad, you're scared of blood!" Giggling to myself, I heard Simon say that he wasn't.. "See you in the morning Ax. Love you." I said that I loved him too. "Love you too Mom." Simon then said that he was going to have a shower. As he took his top off, I blushed. 'You're too hot." He then started kissing my neck.. he had recently discovered that I enjoyed it when he did that.. I was really on high alert when it came to my insides. "Stoppp.. we're meant to be going through these wedding plans." He giggled whilst continuing to do it. I then moaned.. "Si..' Putting down my notepad, I let him continue.. I relaxed. 'Your skin is so gorgeous..' His voice was so sexy. I hummed. 'I can tell that you're loving it by the way you're moaning..' I then continued to ask him questions . 'Peach or lilac for the colour scheme?' He looked up at me. 'I like the thought of lilac.' I hummed as he kept kissing me. 'Baby.. I think I need to change.' Giggling, he smiled at me. 'You are funny.' Getting some knickers out, I smiled. Intimacy for me was difficult. It was complicated. I loved Simon so much. I really did. I just wish that I didn't feel so frightened at times. Was it weird that I was still having nightmares about Seth? Now that Axel was thirteen, he was becoming more and more scared about him.. He loves Simon so much. I see them when they are spending time together. Simon was so caring towards him. I wanted to have more children. I could imagine us having a little girl. He would be so good at it. 'Babe..' He peeked around the corner of the bathroom door. 'Yes..' Pulling up my leggings, I felt his arms around my waist. 'I love you. I enjoyed our time earlier.' I agreed. 'I love you too.'

Turning to look at him, I admired how good he looked. 'You're very handsome.' His brown eyes just shone so brightly. 'I actually wanna get some sleep now baby.' Kissing him, he told me how lovely I was. 'I'm in love with you Nina.' I looked at him. 'I love you too Simon.'

(Tyler's P.O.V)

Going into my bedroom, I saw a piece of lined paper with a pen. I then saw a note. It was from Mom.

I just wanted to give you the chance to write about how you feel Ty. I love you so much. x

Sitting at the table in the corner, I just sat there in peace and quiet. My thoughts felt chaotic. Ever since I was like 7 years old, Dad had always been sad. When our other grandma was ill, it was difficult for him too. His mum was always in and out of hospital..

(Flashback..)

'Dad! Wake up!' I knocked on their bedroom door. 'Morning buddy. Why are you up so early?' He kissed my forehead. 'I wanted to see if you wanted to go out and play some soccer.' He smiled. 'I'd love to.' He kissed mom on the forehead. 'It's better if we don't wake up her up buddy. She has been working at lot lately.' As Dad put a top on, he asked me where my brother was. 'He's downstairs watching tv.' Dad then said hi to Zack as he asked us what we wanted for breakfast. 'Could we have chocolate chip pancakes please?' He said yes. 'Would you two like to help me?' We said yes. As we helped him, Zack asked if he could have sprinkles and bananas on his pancakes. 'That's quirky.' Dad then put some music on. We danced around the kitchen whilist making the rest of the breakfast. Once it was done, we put Mom's breakfast on a tray. "I'll take it up boys. You two can eat. Then we'll get dressed and go out. I wanna see if you've improved with this soccer ball.' I giggled. '

End of flashback..

Sitting at the desk, I picked up the pen. Starting to write, I let my thoughts flow out on paper..

I feel confused. Confused about why Dad chose alcohol over us. Confused about how I'm supposed to to feel. I feel weird. Upset even. Dad left me, Mom and Zack alone. He had a problem! I'm upset that I didn't get the time I got with him. Now, he's just a stranger..

After writing a bit more, I placed the piece of paper on the side. Getting a top out, I got some shorts out as well. "Tyler!" Hearing gran, I went downstairs. She was sat in her comfy chair. "I was just seeing if you're okay." Sitting next to her, she said that Zack was at his therapy session. "He's doing well at attending his sessions." I agreed. "How are you though Gran?" She smiled. "I'm okay thankyou." We had lost Granddad quite a few years ago. He was the love of her life. We did worry about her from time to time. Our granddad was such a sweet man. He loved race cars. He was always watching the tv on a sunday. He would give me toffees and sweets before dinner. Mom and my auntie were really close to him. I missed him. Hearing the front door, we heard Mom and Zack. "I'll bring a drink up for you in a bit." Saying hi to Mom, she smiled at me. "How are you feeling?" I nodded. Said that I was fine.

As she walked over to sit with us and Gran, she kissed my cheek. "Did you write about how you felt?" I nodded. "That's good." Gran then asked how Zack was. "Well, he's not said much about his session or Beth. I think he's just processing his emotions." Mom took a deep breath. "How are you feeling sweetheart?" Gran smiled. "I honestly feel really good." She raised her eyebrows at Gran. "I take that you want to talk to Gran in private?" Mom asked if she could. "It's cool. Night Gran." Giving her a hug and a kiss on the cheek, she said that she loved me. "I love you too." I told Mom that I loved her as well. "I'll be up in a bit sweetheart." Heading up, I heard Mom.

"He texted me again. Asking to meet up. The thing is Mom, I really think that he's a great guy."

Mom was healing. I could tell. But, who was this guy? I wasn't angry.. I was just curious. I wanted to make sure that Mom was focusing on herself. As long as she was happy, that's okay. Seeing my brother sat on his bed in silence, I asked him if he was okay. "Not really. My therapy session was really difficult." He just sat and stared at the wall. "Dad didn't have to you know.." I understood. "I spoke about how he was before.. the therapist said it is normal for me to feel weird. I haven't even texted Beth. She's going to think that I'm ignoring her." I reassured my brother. "I'm sure she won't think that. How about you text her?" He got his phone.

"So, how are you feeling Ty?' Zack asked me. "I'm okay. Not great.. but just okay." Putting on a t shirt, I sat on my bed. "I just feel strange. Like, I only remember Dad when I was younger. I remember him making breakfast with us. I remember him playing soccer with us. How did he mess up?" Zack said that things were complicated between him and Mom for a long time. Dad would always be tempted to drink. It was like having two different people in our life.

Zack was right. Every time Mom would come back home with us from being out somewhere, Dad was either sleeping off a hangover or out at some bar. Both of us just wanted to move on. "Zack. Your phone's ringing." Heading downstairs, I gave him some space.

(Zack's P.O.V)
"Hey Beth. Yep. Sorry about that." She was so understanding. "That's okay Zack. I was just worried about you. We've not really talked since Dean's party. I just wanted to also see how you are." I thanked her. "I'm okay thankyou. That party was fun." We attended the same school which was nice. I saw her around, but we weren't exactly in the same class. "How are you?" She said that she was okay. "My brothers and I are all thinking about going to the beach with some of our friends. Did you and your brother wanna join us?" I smiled. "Could I think about it and get back to you please?" She said yes. "I'll see you tomorrow." Hearing Ty, I said bye.

"So, how's Beth?" I said that she was okay. She asked if we wanted to join her and her brothers for a day at the beach with some of her friends." As he dried off, he said that sounded good. "You and her seem to be getting on pretty well." I smiled. "She's cool. Easy to talk to." He said that I seemed okay. "You do. It's nice." Once he was dressed, we went downstairs. Putting on the tv, we saw Mom outside.. 'Gran.. who is Mom on the phone to?' Gran giggled. Then she smiled.

"Gran.." She stayed quiet. Putting on a tv show, we just chilled out for the rest of the evening.