Chapter 21♡

(Paige's P.O.V)

Looking at my sister, we both raised our eyebrows, we said that we needed to find out what was happening. "Where has he gone?' Hearing the door, we looked over our shoulders. "Hey girls." Running over to hug Dad, he kissed our heads. "I've missed you both. How are you?" We said that we were good.

"How are you?" He yawned. "I'm tired. But, I'm safe. Being undercover is difficult." We then asked if he wanted a drink. "I'd love one please. We then heard Mom. "Where's your brother?' We looked at one another. "He's erm.. popped out." Mom then hurried downstairs. "Your brother's stuff has gone!" Mom paced up and down. "I knew something was wrong. He's been acting off lately." Dad then tried to calm Mom down. Mom then asked if he had said anything to us.. I bit my lip. "Paige.. tell me." I didn't want to break my brother's confidence, but Mom and Dad both seemed worried.

"Well, he told me that he was struggling at school. I advised him to tell you. But, he just said that he was fine. And he also begged me not to tell you.' Dad then asked Ariel if he had been exhibiting any odd behavior lately..

"He was playing rap music really loudly last night." Mom nodded. "I heard that.. I told him to turn it down. Then, I asked him earlier on in the evening if something was wrong. He said yes." Dad hugged Mom.. "He can't of gotten far Olivia." My phone buzzed. "It's Auntie Amanda." Mom looked nervous. "Hey Auntie. He's with you?" Dad's eyes widened. "How is he?" She then told us a bit more as I put her on speakerphone. "He's just off. Like, he told me that he hates school. Is your Mom there?" Handing the phone over to her, Dad got his shoes on.

"Ell.. please don't scare him. Something must be seriously going on if he's decided to go over to his godparents." Dad then kissed Mom. "I promise I won't scare him. I'll just see if he's okay." As he headed out, we comforted Mom. "He's gonna be okay Mom." Ariel said the same thing. "We think that he's drinking energy drinks in secret too." Mom looked at us.. "I know that. He was buzzing with energy when I came back the other evening."

She kissed our foreheads. "Are you two okay though?" We both nodded our heads. "Your nails look fab." We thanked her. "We'll be upstairs." Getting my pyjamas on, Ariel asked me about Jayden. "I like being friends with him. Like I said, I've known him since I was seven years old. It's just odd seeing him that way." Ariel then asked me if I felt weird around him. "I do sometimes.. but I just see him as a friend. Cece wants to meet up next week with Izzy. We have cheer practice as well." Sitting on Ariel's bed, I asked her how things were going with art club and Jason. "Art club is fab. I love it. It's helping a lot. Being sober for 8 months is worth it." I was so proud of my older sister. She was working on her sobriety and it was good.

"Jason is helping a lot too. Being around him, Ria, Jared and Amber is lovely." Hugging her, she stroked my hair. "Love you sis. Night." She said that she loved me too.

Heading into my bedroom, I jumped into my bed. Hearing my phone, it was Cece.

"Hey bestie!" She said hey back. "What are you up to?" I said that I was just sat in my bed. "What are you up to?" She said that she was watching tv. "I'm into Never Have I Ever at the moment." Sitting up, I gasped. "I've never watched that!' Cece giggled. "Girrrl, all of it is DRAMA!" She sent me the link for Netflix. "Thanks." As she told me more about stuff, Izzy popped up with a text.

Hey. How are you?😊

Texting her back, I continued to listen to Cece. "So yeah. The show is brilliant." I giggled with my bestie. "Are you excited for cheer sessions this weekend?" I said yes. "It's gonna be fun!" Izzy then texted me back..

I'm okay I guess...

Telling Cece that something was up with Izzy, Cece wondered what it could be..