Chapter 35♡

(Ariel's P.O.V)

I was putting my shoes on when I heard my baby brother. "But, I don't wanna go!" I then heard a slam. Heading into the kitchen, Dad was sipping some coffee. "Is your brother okay?" I said no. "Are you ready for our painting session?" I said yes. Getting my bag, Paige said bye. 'See ya sis.' She said bye to Dad too. As we got in the car, he asked me if I wanted to choose the song. "Really?" I smiled. "Just pick anything." I went through my spotify and picked a song by 5 seconds of Summer.

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia. Forget about these stupid little things." I opened the window as Dad kept driving..

"So, for our little father/daughter bonding trip, I've decided that we'll go to a bed and breakfast upstate." Claire did say that it would be good for me and Dad to bond. "That sounds cool." I think I felt a bit anxious about us spending time together because what if something happened and I exploded again?

Hearing my phone, Dad parked up. I got a text from Jason.

Me and Blake have a new baby sister!!!

I typed back..

Aw!!! That's so cute!! Congrats to you all. I can't wait to meet her!🌻x

As I got out, I got my bag. "Are Jason and Blake okay?" Dad got his keys and phone out.

"Yep. Both of them are great. He was just telling me that their baby sister has arrived now." Dad said that was great news. As we went inside, it was so peaceful..

"Hi. How can I help you today?" A lady with blonde hair smiled at us. "Hi. We are here for an Emotions Painting session." She asked what our names were. "Elliot and Ariel." The woman then told us to go through to the end room.

"Thanks." We then saw another lady and some pens, pencils with some colored and plain pieces of paper.

"Hi. I'm Alice. It's nice to meet you both." Dad then shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you too." As we sat down, I took a deep breath. Dad asked if I was okay.

"Yeah.. I'm fine." Alice then sat down too. "So, in today's session, we are going to reflect on our emotions by painting in different colours." We both nodded. Heading over to separate chairs, we saw tins of crayons, pastel colours and two easels..

"I'd like you to paint regarding how you feel right now. Like in the moment.."

As me and Dad looked at one another, we started the task. I picked up the paintbrush and used the light blue pastel colours.. I felt calm. Like, everything felt good at the moment. School was okay. I had my meetings with Anna on a regular basis, therapy with Clare on a Wednesday and Monday.

"Could I see what you've done so far Ari?" Dad's voice pulled me out of my trance. "Yes of course." I turned my easel around. "The blue represents the fact that I feel calm right now." Dad said that it looked great. "I love this." Dad then showed me his. 'I chose yellow because I feel happy that we are finally getting back to a good place.' 

(Caleb's P.O.V)

Sitting in the room with Dr Lindstrom, he had a pack of cards in front of him. "I'd like to try something with you Caleb." It was my second session with him and it felt like being in a fire.. I wanted to get out. "Each card has a different emotion written on it. When you pick one, I'd like you to try and talk about why you feel that way." I nodded.

Taking one randomly, I turned it over.

Nervous.

"Why do you feel nervous?" I sat up. "I feel nervous because I have no idea if me opening up will be a good thing." Dr Lindstrom looked at me. "Opening up takes time. How do you feel about school?" I said that school was okay at first. "It felt easy. Like, I was with my sisters and my friends. It was fun. My tutors were alright too." He then asked what changed. "I began to not like Maths. I just dislike it. Then, I started getting bullied. Two boys locked me in a toilet. Then they hit me." My heart started racing..