Chapter 113: Yamaguchi: Welcome to My House

I've never seen a house this big in my entire life.

Yachi and I are standing in front of the beach house we're about to spend the next five days in...just standing and staring and holding hands...and then we look at each other.

She's got the same look on her face that I do.  This is the biggest house we've ever seen.

When Naka-chan invited us to this beach getaway, I initially thought it would be just the four of us.  But then she started mentioning the other people that were coming and I got kind of confused, so I asked her how many bedrooms there were in this beach house.

"Seven," she replied, "and the place sleeps a total of sixteen people.  It's gonna be so amazing!"

Hitoka and I had just stared at each other then, eating our lunch all together on the roof of Karasuno and trying to picture what a house designed to hold sixteen people would look like.  

I don't think either one of us had pictured anything like the sprawling three-story structure in front of us right now.  Naka-chan was right - this is gonna be amazing.  

The house sits at the end of a long entry road leading up from the main street.  It's literally right on the beach - and it's a private beach at that.  Looking around, I can sort of see another house in the distance, up the beach.  If we need to borrow anything, I'm guessing it'll be about a ten minute walk before we can knock on that neighbor's door. 

Not only is the place isolated and quiet, it's also really beautiful.  The exterior is all white with green accents and the place looks somehow...cozy and inviting, even while also being huge.  Does that make any sense?  I'm not sure it does, but that's how it makes me feel.

Hitoka gives my hand a squeeze.  "Shall we go knock?  Tsukishima and Nakano said they were coming a day early to get everything ready, so they should be here."

I squeeze her hand back in reply, and we make our way up the steps.  There's a doorbell, and I press it, hearing the sound of chimes coming from inside.  All of a sudden, a wave of nervousness washes over me.  Are we at the right house?  What if Naka-chan and Tsukki aren't here?  What if we can't...

And as my mind spirals a bit, the door suddenly opens, and there's Naka-chan smiling at us.  "Tadashi!  Ya-chan!  Welcome to my house!" she cries, stepping aside and giving us space to come in.

"Your house?" Tsukki says as he walks up, handing Nakano what looks to be a glass of lemonade.  He's smirking at the girl, and looks entirely...relaxed.  Comfortable.  At least he does until Nakano flicks him on the forehead and he pouts.

"Yes, Tsukki, my house.  This is my house, for this week.  My dad gave it to me for my birthday.  So you'd better be nice to me, or I won't let you stay in it."  Tsukki clicks his tongue, and I snicker.  Tsukki shoots me a look, but before he can say anything else, Nakano interrupts him.  "Come on in you two, and I'll show you around while Tsukki makes a couple more lemonades."

Tsukki grumbles and complains, but I can tell it's just for show.  He's really happy - just looking at his face tells me that.  We're headed into the interior of the house and Hitoka and I both gasp - the place looks even bigger inside than outside, if that's possible.  There's a massive...I guess you'd call it a rec room?  Family room?  Giant hang out space?  Whatever it is, it's huge and open and has plenty of room for gaming and movie watching and lounging around and just about anything else we'd want to do.  It takes up a huge chunk of the first floor, and flows right into an absolutely enormous kitchen, which Tsukki seems to have decided is his domain, as he sets about making more of what is apparently fresh squeezed lemonade.  A bathroom and a bedroom are down here too, plus a sort of transition space between the house and the beach...a room where you can clean off sand and stuff and leave wet things and it has like little curtained off changing booth things.  It's amazing, and very...I dunno...Western and modern and beachy.