Chapter 64: Can't You Come Out to Play

Something was definitely missing.

Nakano wasn't entirely awake yet, but even in her half-asleep state, she knew something wasn't right.  The bed was warm and cozy, the sheets and blankets smelling of pine and musk and boy, the combination of scents that made up the smell of Kei.  The pillows were soft, like his hair, and they smelled faintly of the shampoo he used.  And underneath all that, if she took in a particularly deep breath, she could pick up a tiny hint of chocolate.  She smiled, her eyes still shut, her mind running through the wonderful events of the night before, especially the ones that had taken place right on this very bed.  

But then her face dropped into a pout as she realized that what was missing was the boy himself.  His body was not lovingly draped around hers - the bed was warm but not with his warmth.  She made little whiny grousing noises, as if a sufficient quantity of grumbling would return her cuddly human blanket to her.  When that did not seem to work, she decided to see if she kept her eyes shut and waited, he might return to the bed.

And lo and behold, he did.

Nakano couldn't keep the smile from her face as she heard the bedroom door open and close, and then felt his familiar weight sink onto the bed next to her.  He slipped under the covers, no longer wearing satin shorts, but still feeling warm and soft and smelling good and his body curled around hers as if he'd been specifically made to do just that.  She sighed contentedly as Kei kissed her ear and murmured at her.  "Planning to sleep all day, Roses?"

She chortled, eyes still firmly shut.  "Well this is some classic role reversal right here.  Aren't you usually the one who wants to stay in bed, while I try to convince you to get up and start whatever plan I've made for the day?"

"Turnabout is fair play, my beautiful lady."  He ran his hands appreciatively over the satin robe she still had on, loving the feel of the slick material on his hands and on her skin.

"Where did you go, love?"

"To see about some food for us.  Are you hungry?"

As if the word itself had awoken it, Nakano's stomach chose to answer that question in the affirmative.  The teens laughed together softly.  "So, that would be a yes, I think.  Do I have time to get myself dressed?"

"I certainly hope so, because this will be brunch for four.  Akiteru and Mom are currently fussing about in the kitchen, having decided that I wasn't making enough of a fuss.  So I ducked out to see if you'd woken up yet."

"I missed you," she said, pouting a little, still not opening her eyes.

"Ugh," he mock-complained, "So needy."  He gently kissed all around her face and neck, his lips soft and warm and comforting.  

"You are not exactly making me want to leap up and out of your cozy bed, gorgeous."

His hands and knees began to press against her, and she slowly rolled over, following the prodding of her boyfriend.  "Open your eyes, beautiful," he said.  Nakano did as he asked, opening her eyes to be met with his handsome face smiling at her, his own warm golden honey eyes filled with love.  "Good morning, Roses," he said, voice tender and sweet.  Suddenly, his hand gave her ass a sharp squeeze, and the girl yelped.  "Now it's time to get up and get dressed."

She pounded on his chest playfully, complaining at him in mock-fury.  "You are mean and cruel and evil and I don't know why I put up with you."  After a moment, she paused, looking at him saucily.  "On second thought, nevermind, just do that again."

He laughed, sitting up and pushing the covers off of both of them.  "Oh no, then we'll never get out of this bed.  Now, I'm going to go let my family know that they have twenty minutes before you're going to join us downstairs.  Don't make a liar out of me, Roses."  He kissed the girl and made his way swiftly out of the room, grinning at the way she watched him go, as if she were thinking that he looked just as sexy in sweatpants and a hoodie as he had in his fine satins the night before.