Chapter 80: I Guess I'm Learning

Tsukishima stared out the classroom window, scowling at the weather.

It was snowing.  Not particularly hard or anything, but it was snowing, and that was definitely going to make traveling to Shiratorizawa and back this evening a lot more annoying.  The tall blonde seemed to be giving the very atmosphere the evil eye, as if he could perhaps force the weather to change if he glared at it with enough intensity.

Yamaguchi snickered at him softly, which Tsukki simply ignored.

Suddenly, a pair of arms slipped themselves around his neck, bringing a strawberry soda into his field of view.  A chilly cheek pressed against his warm one, and slightly damp strawberry blonde hair tickled his face as he took the offered beverage.  "It's so pretty, isn't it?" cooed his somewhat cold and soggy girlfriend, blue eyes sparkling as she watched the snow fall.  Tsukishima was about to come back with a biting retort about his opinion of the precipitation, when a cold nose nuzzled into his neck, accompanied by a giggle that he simply couldn't resist.  The blonde gave in, a smile working its way on to his face in spite of himself.

"Yeah," he said, sighing and kissing that frosty nose, making Nakano giggle again.  Her cheeks were flushed a pretty pink from her trip outside, and Tsukki couldn't help it - Nakano was always so very adorable to him when her cheeks were rosy like that.

Yamaguchi shook his head at the couple and smiled.  "Thanks for getting sodas for us today, Naka-chan," the freckle-faced boy said as he sipped on his lemonade soda.  

"You bet, Yams," the girl replied, taking her seat next to Tsukki.

The three friends were having their lunch in the classroom today, thanks to the inclement weather.  The first half of their lunchtime had been taken up with Nakano giving Yamaguchi a thorough dressing down for not telling her that Tsukki would still be attending school with them all week.  When Tadashi had pointed out that he wasn't exactly the only one who knew that, and why wasn't she giving any of their other teammates grief about this, the girl had clicked her tongue and reminded him that none of the other boys on the team were her BFF.  She'd pouted adorably, which had made Tsukishima roll his eyes and set Yamaguchi to laughing.  In the end, Naka-chan had declared that she forgave them both for their heartlessness, and as proof of her sincerity, she would brave the winter weather and get sodas for them.  From what Yamaguchi could see, any excuse to go out and mess about in the snow would have worked for his bright eyed friend.

"Be careful traveling out there this evening, Tsukki," Nakano said, continuing to munch on her bento, "It doesn't look like it's planning to stop any time soon.  Will you be okay, getting to Shiratorizawa and back?"

The middle blocker sighed.  "Yeah, I'll be fine.  But the weather might slow me down a bit.  Let your mom know I might be a little late for dinner tonight, okay?"

"So you're having dinner with your family again tonight, Nakano?  Guess Ennoshita-senpai is off the hook then," Yamaguchi said with a chuckle.

Nakano rolled her eyes.  "You guys aren't seriously going to do this all five days, are you?  I thought Daichi and Asahi were just being funny yesterday."

"Of course they're going to make sure you're taken care of, Nakano.  I told them they should go ahead and do it," Tsukki said, a smug little grin on his face.

"You've got to be kidding me.  You...why would you...what the heck?" Nakano spluttered, staring incredulously at her smirking boyfriend.

"At least this way I know you're getting good food in you and that you're arriving home safely.  A couple less things for me to worry about.  You don't want me to be distracted at this camp, do you?" he said with a mischievous lilt to his voice.