Chapter 30: Lies, Lies, Lies

Nakano slowly became aware of her surroundings, feeling Kei's warmth as he spooned her in his bed.  The sunlight streaming in the window, diffused by his curtains, was also warm, and helped to coax her to wakefulness.  She could feel his legs still tangled with hers, and the sweet rise and fall of his breathing against her back.  A smile spread across her face as she realized that unlike the previous time she'd woken up like this, not only would none of their teammates be around to surprise them, but they'd be able to wake up like this again tomorrow too.  I could really get used to this, she thought.  I wonder what time it is?

The clock was, unfortunately, on the other side of the bed, behind Kei.  She tried to turn to see it, only to be met with strong arms tensing up to hold her still and a growl from the blonde owner of those arms.  "No," he rasped out in a very sleepy voice.

She kissed his arms gently.  "And good morning to you too, sleepyhead.  Can I roll over, please?"  She tried moving again, his arms tightening around her and his body folding in on her.

"No," he groused again, "Stay."

"What am I, a puppy?" she said in mock anger.  He growled again, cuddling against her.  "Oh, I see, you're the puppy.  Do I need to hit you with a rolled up newspaper?"

"Mmmmm, kinky," he murmured sleepily.  

She laughed.  "Come on, Kei, I just want to see what time it is."

"Nuh uh.  Doesn't matter." He kissed her hair repeatedly.  

"But Kei..."

"Roses, as soon as you know what time it is, you'll wanna plan to do things, and I don't wanna.  I just wanna stay right here and not move and hold you.  So shhhhhh," he whined.  

She laughed and subsided for a few moments, relaxing in his warmth again.  She had to admit, it did feel nice to just be lazy in her boyfriend's arms for once.  But Nakano simply wasn't used to being that kind of person.  After a few minutes of lying awake, even in the pleasant embrace of her megane boyfriend, she began to once again wonder what time it was and how much they had time to do before they had to be at volleyball practice.

"Kei, please can I roll over now," she said, trying to move once again.

"Only if you kiss me once you do," he said, sounding a little more awake than before.

"Deal," the girl responded as she rolled over.  She was quickly pulled into a kiss before she could get a look at the clock.  After enjoying the kiss, she snuggled against his chest, her head tucked under his chin.  "Okay, this really is a very nice way to begin the day."

"Mhmmmm," he hummed.  "Best day ever."

She stretched up a little to see the clock.  They still had four hours before they were supposed to be at practice.  She tried to resist the urge to plan, but he was right, that was her immediate instinct.  I think I could probably get in a run before we eat a kind of brunch, then we'll have a little time to relax before we go to practice, she thought.  Maybe Kei will come run with me.  "Hey, wanna go for a run with me this morning?" she decided to ask.

He groaned.  "No, I don't, and you don't wanna go for a run with you either," he answered, "I knew as soon as you saw the time you'd start planning something.  Can't you just have one lazy day with me?  Please?"

She sighed.  "You do know we still have to go to practice, right?  And I have to meet with Oikawa this evening.  So we're going to have to drag ourselves out of your bed at some point, gorgeous."

"Yes, I know all of that.  But I was hoping maybe I could convince you to make tamagoyaki this morning," he said, kissing her face, " and just so you don't think you'll be doing all the work, I'll make yakitori."