ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN

Remus waited for Juliet in his car outside of King's Cross Station, he'd left before the end of term, not wanting to face any furious parents as he was sure that word would have spread about his condition. The only thing on his mind was Sirius. Dumbledore had told the man to go away, abroad even, and Remus had been racking his brain about how to make it so that he could stay in the country, so Harry could see him, so Juliet could. He'd miss Hogwarts, and he'd miss Juliet, but Sirius being back meant that he still had purpose, even if he had to move 'home' it would be better than before. He had more money, he had Juliet as a friend again, he had a marauder back.

A lot could change in a year, he thought.

He grinned when he spotted the dark haired witch shielding her eyes from the July sun with her hand, looking around confusedly at all of the muggle vehicles. He got out and raised a hand to her, and cocked his head, she laughed, and jogged over as he lit a cigarette, which she instantly snatched out of his hand and threw to the floor.

"Bad for you," she said, shaking her head and leaning into him as he put an arm over her shoulders.

"Hello to you too, Jules," he smiled, opening the passenger door for her and closing it once she was in. "You're in high spirits," he said, grinning as he watched her fiddle with her seatbelt.

"Shouldn't we all be?" She exclaimed.

"I lost my job."

The witch's face dimmed a little and he laughed, making her roll her eyes.

"Snape is hardly going to write a letter to all parents, it's a completely unnecessary precaution in my opinion."

"Perhaps, I'm not taking the risk, though."

"Always so cautious."

"Being cautious has always served me well," he replied.

Juliet had her forehead resting against the window, she watched every muggle they passed obsessively.

"You're right, though, we should be in high spirits."

"Well, Pettigrew-"

Remus sighed and gave the witch a sharp look, "we just got Sirius back. We'll focus on Peter another time."

"That can be your job!" She said brightly. "Since you don't have one anymore!"

The man laughed, his eyes leaving the road to meet hers.

"Well, there's been all this talk of the order re-forming. I've no doubt that will become a priority."

"And you'll join again?"

"Course I will."

She hummed and nodded, "me too."

"No persuasion needed this time?"

"Course not, I'm Juliet Blair now, anyway. School will be my priority, though."

"Yeah, someone's got to watch over Harry, I suppose."

"He'll miss you," she said. "He adored you this year, proper father figure," she teased.

"Well, thank God Sirius is here for that now. And his Godmother," he said, moving his arm from where it rested beside the gear stick to elbow her.

Juliet groaned, "reckon he hates me?"

Remus shook his head, "I'm sure he's more hurt than anything, but he'll understand. Also, you're Juliet Romilly, I can't imagine you ever being..."

"Godmother of the year?" She asked as he trailed off.

"Well, I didn't want to say it..."

She grinned at that and shook her head, "I'll deal with Harry another time, he's at the Dursleys, think he realised that moving in with Sirius this summer wouldn't be possible."