THIRTY TWO

Juliet sat in the corner of the Slytherin common room listening to Persephone and Caius argue in hushed voices on the other side of the room. The wizard looked frustrated and was rolling his eyes at his fiancee, whilst the girl shook her head at him, aggressively whispering. After five minutes of it, Caius left, leaving Persephone huffing on her own. The witch sat on a sofa opposite Juliet, who raised an eyebrow at the sight of her old friend but said nothing.

"He's so bloody annoying-" Persephone said under her breath.

"Mm," Juliet hummed, not looking up.

"Are you going to the potions session tonight?" 

Juliet snapped her head up and stared at Persephone with pure annoyance, "yes. Lupin and I both missed a lesson. So, yes."

Persephone groaned, "Caius is making me go too-"

"Interesting."

"I'm making an effort here."

"Are you going to talk about it then?" Juliet snapped

Persephone rolled her eyes, "come on-"

"Are you?"

"No," the witch sighed.

"Fuck off then."

"You'll be the same as me soon, Juliet."

"You're a coward, Persephone. I'll never be a coward."

"You have no idea-"

"Yes, I do," she said, standing up and leaving the common room.

"Can you stop bloody following me?" Remus huffed to Sirius Black as he walked behind him to extra potions.

"Merlin, I'm going to potions-"

"Why? You and Lily aren't even behind. In fact, I don't see Lily here at all."

"Well-er- she decided- she thought I should just go."

"Convenient," he scoffed.

"Moony, mate, please. I'm so-"

"Evening, Romilly," Remus said quickly, walking into the classroom behind Juliet and completely ignoring Sirius. The dark haired boy followed Remus down to his table, and placed himself opposite Remus and Juliet. The witch narrowed her eyes at him.

"Really, Black?"

"I want to sit by my friend."

"Don't think you're his fri-"

"Leave it, Romilly," Remus snapped.

"Merlin, sorry, forgot it was me who told everyone-"

Remus sighed and put his head in his hands, "can we not?"

"Fine," Juliet hissed, going to the cupboard and grabbing their ingredients, and slamming them down on the desk when she returned. "Thanks for the help."

"Lay off him-" Sirius said, jumping to defend his friend.

"Shut up," Juliet snapped.

"Can both of you shut up, please?" Remus groaned, opening his book and focusing on the potion.

"No," Sirius snapped. "Not until we're friends again."

"I've said I don't want to bloody speak to you. What you did was unforgivable-"

"It was a joke!" Sirius cried. "Not a very fucking funny one, I agree. But it was a joke! I meant no harm!"

Juliet scoffed, "not a very-"