SEVENTY

July '78

Dear Juliet,

I trust by now Moody has visited you and told you that he is in fact your secret keeper. They still see you as 'risky', apparently. I haven't pushed too hard, I think it's taken a lot for some of the older order members to trust you, I'm grateful that they listened to us at all. I hope you and Bella are well, Marlene has been moping awfully, as have I, if you asked Sirius or James about it. We're having an intense summer, there are a lot of training sessions, we're all quite beat up from it. The fighting is getting more and more intense. I'm not sure if you're getting news there but there's been articles, in The Daily Prophet, about the future of Hogwarts. Parents are withdrawing their children, apparently, or not sending them next year. It's getting a lot more real. Abraxas Malfoy has been withdrawn from his position at the ministry, it seems we're getting more control over it, and finally, an arrest has been made. I'm not sure if you've heard the name Carrow, I would assume you have? He was captured and arrested, we had intel that they had an attack planned on a muggle-born family, James was there, won't shut up about it now. Was James, Alice Longbottom, and Kingsley S Bolt, if you remember him? Turned up with Lucius Malfoy, bloody coward operated on the spot, they got Carrow, though. It's a great success, everyone is in high spirits since. I have my first proper mission next week, I'm glad to be an asset, the danger feels worth it. 

I hope you're okay. You've been in my thoughts a lot, and, I miss you. I'm not sure when we'll see each other next now that we aren't at school together. I'll find a way, though.

Love,

Remus

p.s Regulus wrote to Sirius, asking about you. We said you're safe, but nothing else. We also said we aren't sure on Arabella Greengrass and that we haven't seen her. Hope this is ok.

August '78

Remus,

I'm glad it's all going well. Bella and I are very cooped up here, but nevertheless, we're grateful. Moody is definitely starting to like us more, yesterday, he even laughed when Bella made a joke. Progress, for sure. He did mention about Hogwarts being uncertain, of course we plan to return, we have the hope that many Slytherins won't, however. I know Regulus will, but perhaps the Rosiers will not? Or perhaps Caius won't. If there's any way of finding out how Pen is, please do, we've spoke about her a lot here, and despite everything, we miss our friend.

I am aware of Carrow, and I'm glad. First death eater in Azkaban for good. Hopefully Nathaniel Romilly will be next. Tell James I'm proud of him, or perhaps I'll write him myself. Be safe on your mission, don't do anything stupid.

I miss you too, the boredom here makes it impossible to think about much else. 

And thank you, for replying to Regulus. You said the right things.

I'll hopefully see you soon.

Love, 

Juliet

September '78

Juliet and Arabella stepped onto the train platform nervously, both scanning up and down for anyone they ought to look out for. When she saw Regulus her face softened, there was a blonde witch with him who on second glance she saw to be Narcissa.

The two witches embraced, with Narcissa kissing her on the cheek, "I missed you, Juliet."

"You too, Cissa."

"Lucius and I married," she whispered into the witch's dark hair. 

"I'm sorry."

Narcissa laughed and tucked Juliet's hair behind her ear, before leaning forward to whisper once again, "Andy is going to write to you at some point, okay?"