THIRTY THREE

"What the fuck happened last night?" Arabella hissed to Juliet as the two sat eating breakfast, as far away from the Slytherin boys as they could physically get.

"Long story," Juliet muttered, looking up and catching Remus Lupin's eye across the hall.

"Juliet-"

"Leave it, Bella," she yawned. "It's too early for an interrogation."

Persephone walked straight past Caius and Ophelia and sat beside Arabella and Juliet, quickly smiling at Sirius as she sat down.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Arabella asked dryly.

"Sitting..."

"She's fine, Bella," Juliet stated.

The dark haired witch threw her fork onto the table, "do I get to know nothing?"

"You don't tell us anything," Persephone said swiftly. 

"Yeah, we notice you always vanishing, where do you go?"

"Fine," Arabella said with a tight smile. "Fair enough. Keep secrets. We are Slytherins after all."

"Exactly," Persephone said sweetly.

"Ah! Look at this, the girls back together," Ophelia said with a twisted smile as she sat beside Persephone. "Pen, didn't know you still spoke to these two?"

"She doesn't need your permission to talk to people, Rosier," Juliet sighed.

"Indeed... Hear you caused quite a few problems last night, Romilly?"

"If Crouch breaking my hand and your brother harassing me is my fault, then yes, sure."

"Oh, I'm sure you did something to deserve it."

"Merlin! Stop being such a-a- bitch!" Persephone said, extremely suddenly and extremely loudly.

Sirius grinned at her from where he sat and the witch blushed a little.

"Shut up, Parkinson," Ophelia snapped dismissively. "What I'm saying Juliet is-"

"Quidditch this afternoon, ladies!" Adrian Flint called to Persephone and Juliet as he passed their table.

"She just broke her hand!" Persephone scoffed.

"Well, looks healed to me."

"I'll play, it's fine," Juliet grumbled.

"That's my future captain," he grinned.

"Well, at least Adrian doesn't hate you," Arabella said.

"Adrian doesn't care about anything but quidditch."

Ophelia smiled, "you'd be surprised."

Lily Evans was wide eyed and shaking her head in horror as the marauders quietly recounted the events of the night before to her. She glanced over at Juliet frequently, giving her sad looks.

"It was good of you, Sirius," Lily said, smiling at the boy next to her.

"Yeah... it was," Remus added reluctantly.

Sirius grinned a little, "mates?"

"We'll see."

"That's better than no!" He beamed.

"What will happen to Juliet?" Lily asked sadly.

"Same as what happened to Regulus," Sirius muttered.

"I don't think she's ev-" Remus started.

"Neither is Regulus."

Marlene McKinnon sat beside Lily and threw a newspaper onto the table.