THIRTEEN

Juliet Romilly spent much of her weekend moping over her missing Slughorn's party, she studied a lot with Persephone, and walked around the grounds with Barty. Using whatever tactics she needed to avoid Regulus and Ophelia, which had worked until her extra Quidditch practice on Sunday night. Ophelia had come to watch Regulus play, which was an utterly rare occurrence and appeared to throw the whole team off their practice, so much so that Flint had told the witch that she wasn't allowed there again.

Juliet stormed into her potions lesson on Monday morning in a fairly bad mood, and seeing Persephone giggling with Sirius Black only made her feel worse. She gave her friend a dirty look as she sat down next to Remus Lupin, and apparently she got the hint as she and Sirius stopped speaking immediately. 

"What's got you wound up today, Romilly?" Sirius asked with a smirk.

"Yeah, we saw you looking pretty happy with Roberts on Friday night-" James continued.

"Out after curfew?" She said with a smirk.

"No- Slugclub," Sirius said quickly.

Remus snorted and Juliet rolled her eyes at the boys, "which I know you weren't invited to. Ten points from Gryffindoor for being out after curfew."

Persephone laughed a little and Sirius muttered angrily under his breath.

"Bit unnecessary?" Remus said to the witch.

"When it's a Gryffindoor, it never is."

He laughed, "alright."

"Right, hello everyone," Slughorn said cheerily. "Today, you will gather the ingredients and begin the preparation for your potions. As I previously said, depending on your individual paces, this could take up to two months to brew, and then longer to write the supporting essay. I strongly suggest that you and your partners find time to gather outside of lessons."

There were several groans around the room and the professor chuckled.

"Come on now, this is NEWT work after all. I haven't been too harsh with the pairings either, have I-"

"No," James said with a huge grin.

"Yes," Remus and Juliet said in unison.

"Shut up, Lupin," Juliet snapped to him.

"Can we play nicely today, please?" Sirius said. "I have a headache."

"Don't be such a baby," Persephone teased.

"Penny, can you be a little more thoughtful?"

Juliet rolled her eyes and turned around, "what the fuck is Penny?"

"Don't worry, Romilly. Moony can give you a nickname too if you want," Sirius grinned.

Juliet ignored the boy and instead narrowed her eyes at Persephone, "just concentrate on the work, Penny."

"I'll get the ingredients," the girl said to Sirius quietly, Juliet got up and followed her friend to the cupboard.

"What's your problem?" Persephone hissed.

"Narcissa is in this class, Snape is in this class, your fucking fiance is in this class- and you're sat giggling with Black like an idiot? How much danger are you trying to put yourself in?"

Persephone flinched a little, "Caius hasn't noticed..."

"No, but he will. Someone will, and they all bloody talk. Look, talk to Black quietly about whatever you want, but if you're going to make a show of it, then speak about potions and only potions."