FOURTY TWO

Juliet stood on the platform waiting for the Hogwarts Express with Regulus' arm wrapped tightly around her shoulders. In the few days since she had heard about her father murdering Colin Jones' parents, the witch had spoken only to him and had not attended any of her lessons out of fear of seeing Colin. Regulus didn't understand how she felt and Juliet suspected that he never would, but he was there for her, and at present that was all that she needed.

With Regulus to the right of her and Narcissa to her left, the dark haired witch completely ignored the small smile that Lily Evans gave her as she passed, and she glanced down at the floor when Remus Lupin and James Potter brushed past her.

"Has Aunt Druella said anything more about you marrying Lucius this summer, Ciss?" Regulus asked the pale witch.

"No. I have told them that I won't. I want to finish school first."

"Lucius has already finished," Juliet croaked, glancing at where Lucius stood proudly with Caius. It had become common knowledge through Slytherin that the Dark Lord himself had asked the man to step down from his schooling duties and focus on being his full time servant.

"Yes," Narcissa sighed. "Perhaps it will be forced."

"Can they?"

Regulus huffed, "they can do whatever they like."

"So can you, Reg," Narcissa reminded him gently.

"If only we all had that luxury," Juliet muttered.

"You ought to be more grateful," the older witch said. "Regulus and you have always been perfect for each other. You are lucky that our family is willing to look past yours."

"Your family has had people run off to muggles too, Narcissa," Juliet hissed, before giving a twisted smile. "How is Andromeda?"

"Don't be a bitch."

"Lighten up, Jules," Regulus said to her kindly as they sat down in an empty compartment. 

"Are you going straight to 12 Grimmauld Place?" Persephone Parkinson asked as she joined the group.

"I'm going home for a few days first, I need to collect my things and be sure that everything of my father's is in order." Juliet said, not bothering to look up at the girl.

"Alone?" The witch asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes," Regulus said, eyeing her. "Problem, Parkinson?"

"Not at all," she smiled. "Where's Ophelia?"

"With Barty and Arabella," Juliet sniffed.

"I heard Bella has been getting...acquainted with a Gryffindor," Persephone smirked, sliding closer to Caius.

"As if you haven't done that either?" Juliet snapped.

Regulus snorted and Caius shook his head and muttered something about finding Lucius.

"Thanks for that," Persephone huffed.

"Don't gossip about my friends."

"I'm your friend."

Juliet shrugged, "alright."

"You need to lighten up."

"And embrace this like you have?"

"Watch yourself," Narcissa said sharply, looking up from where she sat in the corner, scanning a newspaper.

"Sorry," she muttered. "I'm just on edge."