NINETY FIVE

August 31st, '91

Juliet awkwardly fiddled with her Jumper as she sat at the kitchen table in her and James Roberts' flat. Her friend had gone to collect Annie, apparently she was staying here more permanently as she tried to find a job. Tomorrow for Juliet meant back to Hogwarts, it meant seeing Harry Potter, her godson,  for the first time since he was an infant. That was a thought for tomorrow, something that she refused to dwell on. Dumbledore had asked her if she wanted the boy to be told about her position as his godmother, she had refused.

When she heard footsteps and laughter coming up the stairs her breath hitched, bracing herself. She heard a male voice mutter her name outside the door and a slight female gasp.

Anne stepped into James' flat for the first time since well before summer. Juliet had been away and so she had stayed, but when she returned James had wanted to respect her boundaries. And there she was. The woman that had occupied so many of her thoughts, so many of Remus' thoughts, for years. Annie wasn't a witch, and if they hadn't have told her, she wouldn't have guessed Remus or James were wizards, but magic seemed to ooze from the dark haired woman. Even as a muggle, she couldn't explain it, or understand it, but she just knew she was magical.

Juliet stared at Anne, taking her in, with James giving her a slight nervous nod from behind. The muggle was very pretty, it had to be said. She wore trendy clothes, and her face was lightly covered in makeup. The witch stood up, and offered a hand out.

"Juliet," she smiled.

Anne faltered, but then smiled back shakily, "Anne."

"Cup of tea anyone?" James asked, when both witches nodded Juliet watched with intrigue as he bustled around the kitchen, doing everything the muggle way. He hadn't done this with her all summer, and she supposed it was the Anne effect. She wondered if Remus did the same.

Anne looked at the witch hesitantly, there was a certain air about her. Remus had told her that she had been rich, popular, and powerful, and she could sense that now. She was a fair bit taller than her, with striking eyes and dark hair. Her skin was pale compared to her tan and Anne began to understand, as she realised how different they were.

"Please, sit," Juliet smiled, taking a seat at the table. "How was your journey?"

"A nightmare," she replied. "Trains are all so bloody slow from where I'm from. Had to change three times."

Juliet grinned a little and Anne noticed her eyes sparkle and softened a little.

"A couple of my girlfriends and I, witches, of course, back in our final year. We were trying to meet our mates down south- Cornwall, if you know it?"

"Yeah, never been. Rem- I've heard a lot about it."

"Well, the three of us were brought up pureblood, we tried getting the train only from London to Cornwall. Took us nine bloody hours," she laughed, remembering her frustration at Arabella. 

"A normal - sorry - muggle train?"

Juliet smiled widely at Anne, "yeah, a muggle train. It was New Years Eve as well-"

"Gosh, I'll bet London was hellish."

"You're right, it was," she replied, accepting a mug from James who hovered awkwardly.

"You alright, love?" Anne asked, looking up at him.

"I'm needed at work..."

"It's okay," Anne smiled, squeezing his hand where it rested on her shoulder. "Go. We'll be fine!"

James glanced to Juliet who smiled and nodded, "duty calls."

"I'm not really sure what he does," Anne remarked once he left. "But he sure does work a lot."