ONE HUNDRED AND NINE

Juliet stood in the hallway of Romilly Manor sighing and pulling at her dress, she, and she assumed Remus hadn't either, had not attended a wedding since James and Lily's, and that was different, they were all family back then. It was intimate, she knew and loved everybody there. James Roberts and Anne's would be different, there would be muggles there, it was a muggle ceremony, she knew hardly any of James' Hogwarts friends, but knew that they almost definitely knew her.

She stared at herself in a mirror, over ten years had gone since the Potter's wedding but she didn't think she had changed too much, she wondered if Remus agreed. As she pinned her hair her mind flicked to the photo which Remus had in his house and she realised that in fact, she was a lot different. In the photo her eyes shone, and she was carefree, looking up at Remus with nothing but love. Juliet envied her twenty-year old self, how had she been so careless when they were amidst fighting. 

You had them, she remembered.

The witch sighed and then turned to look at the portrait of her seventeen year old self, it seemed to be smirking at her as she messed with her hair. Juliet narrowed her eyes at her younger self, envying the constant perfection, the ease of her hair and the confidence of her gaze. 

"Stop laughing at me," she muttered.

"Talking to yourself?" Remus asked, appearing behind her. She turned around and softened a little at the sight of the man.

"You look nice."

Juliet swore that he blushed a little as he said, "do I?"

The witch laughed and nodded, glancing back to her portrait to notice that she too was staring at the man.

"You look beautiful," he said quickly, also glancing at her portrait. "Haven't changed at all," he teased.

Juliet turned to him and smiled, looking up at him and then glancing back towards the mirror. 

"I feel ridiculous."

"That makes two of us."

"How do I even speak to muggles?"

Remus laughed, "Annie is a muggle."

Juliet shook her head, "she's different."

"Just speak to the wizards then"

Juliet groaned, "I'm a bridesmaid! I have to speak to everyone! I met the muggle bridesmaids in London a few weeks ago, and they all thought I was so odd. Anyway, the wizards all bloody know that I'm Juliet Romilly, we went to school with most of them!"

Remus grinned at the woman, "will you relax? You know me, you know the Weasleys, you know the other aurors. Just relax."

"Fine," she sighed, glancing around the hallway and eventually accepting Remus' offered arm.

All morning as Juliet sat with Anne as she got ready, making small talk with her friends and trying to keep up with her lies about her normal, muggle life, the witch felt like she was in a constant state of holding back tears. She knew it was selfish for her mind to be anywhere other than on Anne, but couldn't push the day of James and Lily's wedding out of her mind, her eyes clouded a little when she watched Anne laughing with her childhood best friend, their arms around each other. 

Juliet had gotten ready with Arabella the morning of the Potter's wedding, her friend giddy to see Marlene and Juliet quietly looking forward to seeing Remus, she remembered the anticipation. Afterwards, she had worked out that that was only nights after Regulus murdered her blood father. Regulus entering her mind was something which Juliet detested the most, Regulus meant Sirius, and Sirius meant Azkaban. She stood up suddenly from where she had been watching Annie do her makeup and swallowed,