SIXTY NINE

"I am not sleeping in a tent," Juliet Romilly snapped. 

Marlene Mckinnon rolled her eyes, "yes you are, get over it."

"I simply refuse."

"Sleep on the sand then, Romilly," James said cheerily, putting up his and Lily's tent with a flick of his wand. 

"It's our graduation party, Juliet," Marlene said sweetly, "you can sleep with Bella and I if you're scared of being alone."

At that, Juliet faked a vomit, and flicked her wand at her own tent, "I'd rather sleep in the ocean than share a tent with you two. I'd sooner share with those three," she said, gesturing to where Remus, Sirius and Peter were desperately trying to assemble their tent the muggle way.

"They are so annoying," Arabella said, rolling her eyes and flicking her wand so their tent was also assembled.

"Bella!" Sirius exclaimed.

"We had it-" Remus groaned.

"We were so close, Greengrass," Peter sighed.

"Certainly didn't look that way," Juliet said sweetly, opening a bottle of firewhiskey.

James was looking at his girlfriend intently, not that he wasn't always staring at her, but tonight, it was different. Everyone but Lily noticed it. 

Lily, Marlene, and Arabella were attempting to surf, falling off the boards every few seconds and screaming and giggling as they struggled to stand. Meanwhile, James and Peter and Sirius were trying to explain how to do it, but actually could not do it themselves.

 Juliet lay by the fire in between the tents, slowly drinking her firewhiskey and reading a book.

Remus lay beside Juliet and propped himself up on his elbow, "gonna happen tonight, I reckon," he said, nodding his head towards where James was holding Lily's waist as she balanced on a board on her knees. 

"Them?" She asked, subtly cocking her head and looking down at the man. 

"Mmm," he muttered, picking sand up and throwing it on her.

"Stop," she said, smiling ever so slightly but not looking up from her book, when he did it again she threw some back.

As he reached for more to throw sand she grabbed his wrist to stop him, whether it was the firewhiskey or that they were finally alone, he pulled his wrist in so she was level with his face and kissed her, hard. She sighed into his mouth and returned it, desperately.

When they broke apart he kissed her again, softly, and put an arm around her, trying to gently wave Sirius off who was jumping up and down, celebrating, behind a tent.

"Only waited six months to do that again," he muttered, still close to her.

She smiled, although she hadn't allowed herself to admit it, she had missed Remus massively.

"And now you're vanishing to a safe house for the summer," he sighed. "When will we have time for... this?"

"You'd surely rather me in a safe house than Grimmauld Place," she teased, resting on her elbow to lie beside him, her face close to his.

"Obviously," he breathed, physically resisting leaning in. "It's just annoying."

"You can visit," she smiled. "Without them," she cocked her head at the other marauders, missing how Sirius was still staring over at them with a huge grin on his face. "Just us."

He shook his head and sighed, "depends who the secret keeper is. It's a safe house for a reason."

"Oh."