SEVEN

Narcissa and Regulus Black sat in the warm glow of the fire in the Slytherin common room early on Saturday morning. Narcissa had told him she needed to speak to him, and Regulus had no idea what the older witch wanted.

"Juliet hasn't been down, has she?" The witch asked.

"What-no- what's Juliet got to do with this?"

Narcissa sighed, "I patrolled with Juliet last night, and she... well... she said some questionable things regarding her loyalty."

"She doesn't understand-" Regulus started frantically, thinking about ways to protect his friend.

Narcissa held up a hand to silence him, "she's smarter than both of us, Regulus, she certainly does understand."

The boy sighed and ran a hand through his hair, "what did she say?"

"That you are going down the wrong path."

"Merlin."

"Yes, that makes it very clear that she thinks that our... beliefs... his teachings... are wrong."

"Her father-"

"Her father hasn't been the same since her mother died."

"It was years ago-"

"He is weak, Regulus, that is what I am saying. Lucius-"

"Don't get Lucius involved," he pleaded.

"That is why I am talking to you, I care about Juliet as I know you do, we practically grew up with her, she's family. But she no longer comes first, none of our feelings do. I won't tell Lucius about what she said if you speak to her, speak to her and ensure that her loyalties are in the right places. I'll give her a second chance, but if she says anything like that again, I will tell him."

"Thank you," Regulus said breathlessly, "thank you, Cissy."

"It's okay, cousin. She's just misguided, I'm sure."

"Yes."

"You have become popular among them, I've noticed."

"I suppose I have."

His cousin nodded stiffly and stood up, "are you going to Hogsmeade today, Regulus?"

"Yes, with Rosier and Crouch."

Narcissa smiled tightly, "I'll see you there, then."

"Bye, Ciss."

"Talk to her as soon as possible."

"Tomorrow," he promised. "There's a party tonight, I don't want to ruin it."

She nodded and walked back up to her dorm.

"Get up," Arabella whispered to Juliet. "Come on," she moaned.

Ophelia grinned and pointed her wand at the girl's face, a spurt of water came out the end and doused Juliet's face.

"What the fuck?"

"Morning, Romilly. Up and at 'em. Hogsmeade!"

"Merlin, can't a girl get a lie in?"

"Not when it's a Hogsmeade day!"

"Since when?"

"Since they moved the dates to the first and last weekend of each month," Persephone said seriously.

"Fine, fine, let me get dressed," she moaned, walking into the bathroom and emerging five minutes later wearing jeans and a jumper.

"Breakfast!" Ophelia said cheerily, linking Juliet's arm and leading her out of the common room.