FIFTY NINE

"She doesn't know what a record is," Remus reminded him, grinning at Juliet.

The witch rubbed her head and sighed, "I don't need a full introduction to the muggle world."

"To muggle music, you do," Remus replied seriously. The two marauders had dragged the witch around various parts of muggle London all day, constantly explaining things and playing her songs that he was sure she didn't care about. 

"This is Queen," Sirius said, lowering the needle onto the record. "You have to love them. In fact," he considered, as Killer Queen began to play, "this one is very you."

"Very Juliet Romilly," Remus said, nodding.

"Juliet Jones more like," Sirius chuckled.

"Merlin, will you stop," she said, sighing. "We're meant to be looking for my father."

"This song is so her," Sirius said seriously, looking at Remus.

"Indeed," he mused. "Hungry?" He looked at the witch.

"I'd love a butterbeer."

"Sadly, Romil- Juliet, we're in muggle London. But I can get you a lovely pint of muggle beer."

The witch sighed, "that will have to do."

A few drinks down Remus Lupin sat quietly observing Juliet and Sirius, leaning into each other and talking as if they'd been best friends for years,

"I did not-"

"You did, Black! You would always! You and Regulus-"

"Please! Regulus couldn't play quidditch to save his life!"

"Still can't," Juliet snorted.

"Young love," he teased back.

The witch laughed and the air got tense, Remus coughed awkwardly and stood up to get another three drinks.

"Think he wanted to be here with you alone," Sirius teased.

"Please, you two are joint at the hip."

"You know what I mean, Romilly."

"I'm engaged, Black."

"Ah, Merlin. I don't know what Moony would do with himself."

"Well, he'll have to figure that out. It won't be the same, next year."

"What won't?" Remus asked, sitting back down.

"School. Not now that Regulus and I are confirmed..."

"Is he returning?"

"Yes."

"We'll speak less, I guess," Remus said flatly.

"Yeah."

"Regulus sent you here," Sirius started. "He can't mind that much."

"He wants me to be safe, yes. But he's devoted to him. I can't stray. Regulus is all that's keeping me alive."

"We could keep you alive," Remus said quickly.

"You trying to keep me alive would end in the deaths of all of you, Lupin," Juliet snapped back.

"You have a letter, Romilly," Sirius said, greeting Juliet's owl at the window before Hope could get annoyed. He turned the envelope around and saw a tiny house, "It's from Regulus."