EIGHTY FOUR

October, '80

Juliet and Remus and Sirius had been moved into a safe house together. Peter had refused to leave his parents, leaving Sirius to profusely apologise to Remus about being with them.

"Don't think it really matters anymore," was all the man had said.

Juliet didn't speak to either wizard more than was absolutely necessary, the flat had two rooms, she refused to stay with Remus, waking up every night with nightmares about the house on fire and visions of Arabella's body that she had not seen. They'd had a small funeral, and she had been buried next to Marlene, who, by contrast, had had a huge funeral. She was bitter about that, which was unfair. Persephone hadn't had a funeral, and nor had Regulus. She didn't even know where the man had died. Remus seemed to have given up on her a little, throwing himself into order work and going on missions where he could, they had been tracking the Rosier's since the deaths of Marlene and Arabella, Moody thought they were close to getting them.

Juliet had spoke to Lily a little, they had both lost a best friend, she had said James had taken a step back from the order, still helping as much as he could but also spending the most time with his wife and son. He felt guilty, Lily speculated, that the first time he had left her was the day Marlene died. She said she felt awful for keeping him away, Juliet had reminded her that Lily was the most important thing in James' life.

In late November Sirius returned to the house to a normal sight, Remus reading the paper a the table, and Juliet sat silently on a sofa. He sighed and took off his cloak, putting his wand down on the table.

"Alastor got the Rosiers."

Juliet's head shot up, "both of them."

"Mhm," Sirius said, getting a glass of water. "Frank and I were tailing Nathaniel Romilly, got away from us though."

"Ophelia's dead," Juliet repeated.

Sirius raised an eyebrow at her, "surely there's not a tear worth shedding over her, she killed Marlene."

"Bellatrix killed Marlene."

"She watched, and she watched as Reg-" Sirius' voice began to break. "She watched your blood father die."

"It was Regulus who did that, and we both know he was coerced."

"So now Ophelia was innocent too?"

"Regulus wasn't innocent."

"He was a damn sight more innocent than Ophelia," Sirius snapped.

"He was more powerful and valued, which means he could be more sneaky."

Sirius stood up from where he had sat, "why on earth are we having this conversation?"

"Padfoot," Remus said quietly. "They were best friends."

"Arabella was your best fucking friend, you think Ophelia didn't know she was going to be killed?" Sirius shouted.

"I'm not defending her," Juliet said quietly.

"Sounds like you fucking are, Romilly."

"I'm allowed to be upset, I've known the girl since I was born. You know that."

"I knew Lucius Malfoy, I knew Bellatrix-"

"Narcissa? You still see her. You think she doesn't know everything that goes on."

"She's family-"

"Ophelia was like a sister to me, for a while."

"You are being so selfish, Juliet. Ophelia's death is a celebration for us."