ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN

January, '94

Remus and Juliet returned to Hogwarts on the same day after New Year's. Anne and James had stayed with the pair until New Year's Eve, but had gone back to Anne's family's farm to celebrate their engagement. They had begged Remus and Juliet to come, but he didn't exactly fancy seeing where he used to spend so much time alone, and the witch maintained that she had too much to sort out with the house. The witch and wizard existed quietly alongside for a few days, not speaking much, but being content. Juliet hadn't mentioned Christmas Day, how he had been with Tonks all night, and he hadn't thought about what could have happened if it weren't for the proposal. He felt guilty, though, Tonks apparently had taken quite a shine to him, and James had teased him about it endlessly the next day, the one wizard too happy about his engagement to be observant, but the other not missing the silent glances exchanged between Anne and Juliet. 

Once back at Hogwarts and through the front doors, Juliet instantly fell into step beside Severus Snape, and began enquiring after his Christmas, while Remus nodded at Minerva Mcgonagall and smiled, sitting between her and Madam Hooch on the opposite side of the staff table to Juliet. 

A few weeks into term, Remus began to teach Harry the patronus charm, not telling anyone about their lessons, but growing more and more attached to the boy the more he taught him, feeling overwhelmingly like he was with James and Lily the more he got to know him. Harry complained about Severus a lot, but he also complained about Juliet, carefully watching Remus' reactions, remembering the photograph where Professor Lupin had his arm around Professor Blair, and both were leaning into each other. Harry would stop at nothing to understand more about his parent's friends.

February

Juliet and Remus received invitations to Anne and James' wedding for April a month after term had begun, the pair hardly spoke in school, with Juliet doing midnight astronomy, their timetables were completely different, and she had began to spend more time with Severus. The man found her sat by the lake, she looked up at him and smiled as he approached her, holding the same gold envelope as she did.

"April," she said as he sat beside her.

"Yeah," he grinned. "It'll be nice."

Juliet laughed, "guess what?"

"What?"

"She's asked me to be a bridesmaid."

Remus smiled widely, "Merlin, she loves you."

"I love her," Juliet laughed, closing her eyes and thinking about Arabella Greengrass. "It's nice to have a girl friend again. I've not had that for a while."

"An odd friendship?"

"How so? If at some point in your life you've been in love with both me and Annie, it makes sense that we'd get on."

Remus smiled, "I wasn't in love with Annie. But I see your point. She just used to feel very...threatened by your existence."

Juliet laughed, "little did she know I was locked away!"

He grinned at her, "yeah, might have made things easier for her."

"I'm glad I know her. I'm happy for them."

"Me too," he said, glancing up at the darkening sky.

"Moon tonight?"

"Yeah," he said. 

"Severus and I started brewing more," she said, pulling grass out of the ground and throwing it in front of her.

He nodded, "cheers."