ONE HUNDRED AND TEN

May

Being back at Hogwarts meant unavoidable thoughts of who Harry Potter had said he had seen on the marauder's map for both Remus and Juliet. The witch would walk the grounds at night, convincing herself over and over again that she had seen Sirius running towards the forbidden forest. She felt that she was going a little mad.

Remus retreated, Hogwarts had gone from being a warm reminder of the past to tormenting him, the map constantly on his mind. It had never failed them at school, the four of them had worked so tirelessly on it that he still doubted its failure, seventeen year old Remus Lupin had been just as smart, if not smarter, than he was now. He hadn't discussed his worries with Juliet, and kept a happy facade whenever he saw the witch, but due to the timetabling of her midnight astronomy, he rarely did. He was less concerned that Peter could be alive, but there was one thought which completely haunted him.

What if Sirius was innocent?

Juliet didn't let herself think of that, she had perfected the art of restricting her thoughts in Azkaban. She felt as if she could hardly remember Sirius, but supposed that along with Remus, he was the last person to see her before they took her away. She'd been with him the morning Colin Jones had been murdered, but remembered none of it. She felt that she only remembered what he looked like because of the wedding photo. She was Harry's Godmother and he was Harry's Godfather. Remus had once made a comment on how he used to dote on Harry, but she couldn't remember that either. She remembered Remus though, the whispers of distrust between the two men leading up to James and Lily, and she remembered her guilt for criticising Remus when Sirius was indeed guilty. 

There were whispers around Hogwarts almost constantly, about Sirius Black, the servant of the Dark Lord, and Remus told Juliet that Harry had been asking questions about him, and she suspected that he would not shy away from pestering her either.

Harry Potter loitered in the tower after a midnight astronomy session, he tried to smile at his professor whose face fell when she noticed him standing at the door, gesturing for his friends to leave. The thirteen year old boy smiled as she begrudgingly beckoned him inside.

"It's nearly one o'clock in the morning, Potter."

"Sorry, Professor. I just, er, I wanted to ask you about something I found out..."

"Astronomy related?" She asked sarcastically.

"No er-"

"It never is with you, is it Potter?"

"It's about Sirius Black."

The witch sighed and turned around to him, his eyes were hopeful.

"Have you already pestered Professor Lupin about this?"

"He didn't have time to talk, he suggested you..."

Juliet huffed, Remus had recently been nagging her to tell Harry she was his Godmother, the man had grown close to the boy, and knew he would benefit from some feeling of family.

"What is it?"

"Was he really my Godfather?"

"Who told you that?" She asked, panicking a little.

"I-er... Overheard."

Juliet rolled her eyes and tried not to smile as she saw James in his expression.

"Oh really? Heard who?

"Professor Mcgonagall... and... the Minister..."

"You were eavesdropping."