Scenario 16

Morning before going to work, a grandmother is at home in her bathroom, putting her make-up on. Her 5-year-old grandson, Enron enters the bathroom, he greets his grandmother "good morning grandmother!" Smiling, she replies, "good morning baby!" Enron at the commode, raising both the lid and the seat, lowering his pants down urinating inside the bowl. His grandmother is stunned that her toddler 5-year-old grandson is standing up urinating, instead of sitting down as he is supposed to, because she fears the boy will leave a puddle on the floor. She summons her daughter into the bathroom. Enron's mother, Joan, enters the bathroom wondering what's wrong. The grandmother, whose name is Gerry tells Joan, while the boy is at the sink washing his hands, "You know what your son just done. He stood in front the toilet peeing, instead of sitting down." Joan replies, "He is supposed to stand and pee mother, he is a boy." Joan asks Enron, "Who taught you to stand up and pee?" Enron replies, "Dad taught me how to pee-pee standing up, he also showed me how to wipe my own behind, also." Joan is smiling at Enron as if she is very proud of him, she tells him to get ready for school and Gerry does not know what to say. Enron stayed the past weekend with his father, who had been estranged from his son since he was an infant. He has recently entered the scene. While Enron was staying with his dad, they were in the bathroom this past Saturday morning, His dad is at the basin brushing his teeth, Enron enters the bathroom, putting the toilet seat down, lowering his pajama bottom sitting on the toilet only urinating. His father noticed asking while his son hops off the toilet, saying to Enron, "all you done was peed?" Enron nods yes and his father says, "My son sits and only peed, oh hell naw!" Enron's father taught him how to stand up and urinate. Enron's dad and Gerry don't see eye to eye on certain things, in fact they really dislike each other. As for Enron standing up to urinate, she figures it's okay, just as long if he urinates only inside the bowl, not outside and if he does, he must clean it up.