𝟜𝟛. 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝙿𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

The sound of a distant baby crying jolts me awake the next morning causing me to immediately look around the room in a panic.

Owen isn't beside me, Beau isn't in the crib and the only thing I can hear is her cries that are nowhere near me.

Catapulting out of the bed, I tug down Owen's shirt that I borrowed from him months ago and rush out of my room, my face that of pure panic.

Running down the stairs at a speed an ostrich would be jealous of, I reach the living room and what I see not only relaxes me but just confirms everything I'd already figured out.

I watch Owen very carefully pick up beau from Moses basket and slowly rest her tiny frame against his shoulder, one hand cupping the back of her tiny head and using his other arm for support her underneath.

There's something about watching him with her, the way he says he hates kids and somehow he looks so natural at it. Like he was genuinely made to be with kids. Although I can see the slight tense of his shoulders like he's slightly nervous as he sits down on the sofa, adjusting her in his arms so her body is in the crook of his arm.

He flicks on the TV like it's no big deal and begins to watch the game as her cries begin to slow down.

I let out a loud, almost annoyed sigh and his head snaps to me from the sofa, an almost embarrassed look crossing his face.

"She was crying." He mutters and I nod my head, walking towards him. I sit down quietly beside him and hold my arms out and he quickly passes her into my arms as I settle back into the sofa.

I can't help but grin down at her wide eyes on her tiny face, looking around at everything infront of her.

My other hand comes up and my finger gently trails across her soft cheek.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I ask Owen, staring down at my daughter in adoration.

"You needed sleep." He mutters and I roll my eyes.

"I can look after my own daughter Owen."

"I'm not saying you can't but I know you well enough to know you'll forget to look after yourself in the process." He pauses and looks over at me just as I glance over at him, "I don't want you to forget to look after yourself again, it was scary enough but now you have two people your responsible for so I'm making sure you do look after yourself."

"I can do it myself. A few months ago was a mistake. It won't happen again."

"For the love of god let the man look after you." Milo exclaims as he walks down the stairs with his backpack over his shoulder.

Shit.

He has school in forty minutes.

I quickly stand up with beau and place her in the basket and she stretches her arms while I go into the kitchen.