𝟚𝟚. 𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚎𝚏

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

"Are you really going to just charge in there and make demands?" Owen asks as we walk through the corridor towards the chiefs office.

I wasn't kidding when I said I would risk my job.

Believe me, I spent a lot of last night asking myself why on earth would I even do that?

I kept telling myself I'm doing it for this guy I've never met but it's not. God it's most definitely not.

Watching Owen last night, actually considering quitting his job sparked something in me. We've always said we never knew the definition of the word quit and there he was last night, emotional walls crumbled to the ground actually considering leaving the one thing he loves.

"Yeah. I said I would." I tell him and he grabs my arm, stopping me in my tracks.

Turning round to look at him, eyes on mine, hand still wrapped around my arm, I watch his face turn to concern...for me.

"Lynn. This is your job, you don't have to risk that for this guy. I can figure it out, like you said last night. I have the ability to do that. I've been sitting on a trust fund, not knowing what to do with it."

He may be right, infact, he is right but that doesn't change the fact that his trust fund can't help this guy right now.

"This guy needs help right now, you said it yourself, he doesn't have the time. So let me go in there and do the thing I promised you I'd do." I gently peel his hand off my arm and he sighs looking at the ceiling.

"Your going to hold this over my head for years." He huffs, placing his hands in the pockets of his white coat.

"The thought had crossed my mind." He scoffs and I hold up a hand to stop him in his tracks, "but no. This is different. I'm not going to hold this over your head."

Walking towards the chiefs door I take a deep breath.

It's just a job, I have other hospitals that want me. This is for Owen.

I knock on the door, hearing the chief tell me to come in so I follow his instructions and step in to his office.

"Sanchez!" The chief exclaims, looking surprised and some what scared that I'm in here right now and trust me, I'm scared too.

"Chief Greyson." I acknowledge him with a fake smile that's filled with dread. He gestures for me to take a seat across from his desk and with shaky legs, I lower myself onto it.

Why did I decide to do this again?

"Should I be worried?" The chief asks making me take another deep breath, shaking off the nerves.

"That depends."

"On?"

"On wether you can give Omar Norris his surgery pro bono."