𝟙𝟡. 𝚄𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚎 𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚜

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

It's been over an hour since Lynn sat back down infront of me and about forty five minutes since she slumped against my leg, resting her cheek against my knee and passed out.

I'd wake her up but I'm determined to get all of these things out of her hair or she'll be complaining about it for days and frankly, I don't have the energy to hear about that.

"Are you nearly done?" Rhys asks and I glance down at her hair that's practically dry now.

"I have one more section then I'm going to go through it again to make sure." I tell him and I see him nod his head out the corner of my eye.

"I didn't realise she had so much hair!" Rhys exclaims in a whispers and I let out an amused breath.

"You're telling me."

Rhys sits forward on the chair, resting his elbows against his knees with a small smile.

"You know, I was worried about her being here with you. We've both spent the last thirteen years hating you." He admits and I glance over at him. "I'm not worried anymore though. You seem to take care of her enough."

"I just care about the kid." I mutter but even that's starting to feel like a lie.

"Either way. You look after her that's enough for me. She needs more people in her corner." Rhys adds, I just continue combing through Evelyne's hair.

"I wouldn't say I'm in her corner. More like corner adjacent."

Rhys just smiles at me, his eyes dropping down to Lynn.

"Thanks for going to her appointment with her while I was away and thanks for letting her stay here." He says sincerely and I nod my head.

"I'm surprised she let me stay at the appointment." I admit, referencing the appointment and Rhys laughs.

"Me too." He stops his laughter and then finishes off his drink in one gulp. "Actually I'm not. I think you mean more to her then either of you know. When she told me about Milo, she said she wanted to tell someone and how she actually wanted that person to be you. That you were the first person she wanted to tell, she actually went over the day you all left to speak to you. Not Nia."

At that, I pause in my movements.

She came to talk to me?

During her yelling at me, she said she wanted to talk to me but she never said she walked across to our house to actually talk to me.

"I think maybe apart of her does dislike you but most of her respects you. Your the competition she needed. You think she'd be able to handle all the things she's been through if it wasn't for you? You pushing eachother to do better gave her a safety net. Neither of you would be the best at what you do if it wasn't for eachother."