𝟛𝟟. 𝙻𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

After eight hours of multiple games of laser tag, dancing and the adults stuffing our faces more than the kids, everyone went home.

Well, my family stayed and helped clean up before they left.

By then it was time for bed and I said good night to Milo before heading to my room and as per usual, I can't sleep.

I've been staring at the sunset on my ceiling for over an hour now and nothing. I'm tired, believe me, but I just can't sleep.

I keep thinking Owen is just going to leave again in the middle of the night. The thought is nagging me, it's all that's swimming through my mind.

"Fuck." I mutter to myself, getting off my bed and running down the stairs.

The second I reach the bottom, my eyes immediately find their way to the sofa where Owen is sat up but based on the small snores and the fact that his head is resting against a pillow, I'm guessing he's asleep.

The sigh of relief I let out is huge, just at the fact he's still here.

I walk around the couch so I'm infront of him and his arms are crossed over his chest, his head to one side.

With a small smile, I walk towards him, grabbing the blanket from the back and sitting down right beside him, putting the blanket over him.

Cautiously, I drop my head to his shoulder, trying not to wake him.

I've missed him, more than I want to admit to the point it's almost irritating.

I glance up at him just as his eyes flutter open for a moment, landing on me. His mouth pulls up into a small, lazy smile one I haven't see before and I kind of like it. It's completely carefree and it's refreshing to the barely there smiles he normally gives. Usually, his smiles are hardly visible and anyone else would miss them unless you actually knew him or payed attention, I mean this smile is still small but it's there.

He turns his head away from the pillow and rests it against the top of mine.

"Hey." He whispers hoarsely, adjusting his cheek with the top of my head. "You know when you said I'd be on the couch, I thought you were joking."

"Yeah. I went a little overboard but thanks to you, I have a lot more money to spend on these things now, so, thank you." I wrap my arms around his bicep that honestly needs to shrink in size, he's one bald head away from being mistaken for the rock.

"It's okay." He mutters and I push my head further into his shoulder.

"I'm still hurt though and I want to have an actual conversation rather than you deflecting tomorrow." I point out and I feel him sigh against my forehead.

"I know. I shouldn't have left for so long but it won't happen again, I swear." He presses his lips to my forehead and now I fight the smile wanting to erupt on my face.