𝟾. 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚎𝚒𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

Five minutes later, we're driving at a speed that is definitely over the limit but my brain can't comprehend the danger so instead my eyes follow every street lamp, tree and person from the window.

I feel the tops of my thighs begin to tense and then release every few seconds of their own accord.

I have no money, nothing.

I can barely afford food, how much is it going to cost to get everything fixed up again? I can't afford to stay at a hotel or rent another apartment. I'm not even sure house much insurance will cover.

I don't even know how bad the fire was.

And just like that, another boulder drops into my stomach.

All the things I have of Milo.

His bracelet from the hospital from the time he was born, the blanket my own mom brought me home in that I stole before I left for college because I wanted to bring my own baby home in it,and although I didn't get to, I still wrapped him in it while I was in hospital. The few things I could afford to buy him. The pictures and all the information I have of his life over the past thirteen years.

They could all be gone.

The only thing I have left of my son could have vanished just like that. The only things that have kept me some what sane over the past thirteen years.

My legs begin to shake, tensing and untensing repeatedly as we pull up the our street.

There's multiple fire trucks outside my house and neighbours gathered round in a circle staring at the smoke eliciting from my own home.

The second the car stops outside my house, I throw open the door and rush towards the firefighters stood outside making sure nobody gets through.

I run towards them, trying to get past but they hold their hands out to stop me.

"Ma'am you need to step back." The male firefighter states, grabbing me by the shoulders firmly and pushing me back.

I don't recognise him at all but I glance at the two trucks and when I see "truck 81' on one of the vehicles I am relieved. My eyes immediately scan for the only other friends I have here.

"Everest!" I shout, when I see the only female firefighter.

I moved back here a few years ago and I met Everest after she brought in a smoke inhalation victim. We started talking and eventually, we became friends and now every month we meet up for drinks along with Tiana. Everest mainly talks about her two kids and husband like they're the best thing that ever happened to her and I genuinely believe they are where as Tia vents about her issues with Spencer which in turn promoted Everest to complain a lot about Matt but I think that's just their dynamic. I know the story of how they got together and it's like something out of a book. Her and Rhys are the only people that know about my past and about Milo. It took me time to tell her but after she opened up about a similar experience, I told her my own.