𝟚𝟞. 𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

After we pulled into the parking lot of the park, it took another thirty minutes for them to give up on their game and it took another ten minutes of walking to get icecream.

It's my day off.

I could be in bed right now.

Instead I'm watching Evelyne eating her pistachio ice cream and swapping stories with her son and suddenly, I don't miss my bed anymore.

We all walk towards one of the park benches and sit down, the two of them talking away. Evelyne sits next to me while Milo sits opposite her, eating his own icecream. I didn't get one because I knew Evelyne would refuse to let me pay because she wanted to buy something for her kid and I wasn't going to add on to her tab but getting my own.

"So why do you want to start school?" Evelyne asks him as my ears finally tune in to the conversation.

"I haven't socialised with anyone my own age since I was seven. I miss having friends. Dad never really let me even when I was in school and even then, they were all snobby seven year olds that didn't care about much except how much allowance they got." Milo explains and Evelyne nods her head, licking her icecream cone making me avert my eyes.

"So you want to go to a public school?"

"Yeah."

"What about our old school?" She asks, gesturing between the two of us and Milos eyebrows raise.

"You two went to school together?" He questions and Evelyne nods her head. "So you've been friends a long time then?"

Lynn let's out a tiny laugh and shakes her head. "God no. We've hated eachother since we could talk. We lived next door and our parents were bestfriends and me and his twin were best friends to but me and him. We never got along," she pauses and glances over at me, "not until recently anyway."

My face remains the same but Milo must catch the amusement in my eyes because he mouths, "she can't stand you huh?"

When Evelyne turns her back, I hold my middle finger up at him and he lets out a laugh.

"So you two are friends now then?" He asks.

"I guess." Lynn says at the same time I say, "unwillingly."

"See. He's infuriating." She mutters, taking another lick of her icecream but pausing halfway through and pressing a hand to her stomach which immediately sets my brain on high alert.

She turns to me, holding out the cone, her face turning pale.

"Do you want the rest of it. If I eat anymore I might throw up." She mumbles and I take it from her with a furrowed brow. 

"You okay? You've gone pale." Milo asks and Evelyne waves him and myself off with a flick of her wrist.

"I'm fine." She says with a fake smile and he must pick up on it because he looks over at me with worry spread across his face and I imagine my face is pretty similar right now.