𝟺. 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙻𝚎𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚞𝚗

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

"Woah, Ev. You look like you walked through a hailstorm." Rhys exclaims as I walk into the locker room, my clothes sticking to me and my boots squelching with every step I take.

I glare at Rhys and his eyes widen in slight panic at my look. "I did walk through a hailstorm." I grind out, pulling off my coat and throwing on to the bench. I begin pulling off my boots and throwing them into my empty locker, then taking off my scrubs that currently feel like a pair of leggings attached to my skin. "That low, people leaving, life ruining piece of shit has continued ruining everything." I grumble, pulling off my scrub pants and changing into another pair.

"What has he done now?" Rhys asks while I pull off my too and replace it with my other scrub shirt.

Letting out a dry laugh I turn to him, pulling my braids from under my top. "His worker left screws on my driveway and my tire popped so I couldn't drive to work, the bus would make me late and thanks to that lowlife levi, I couldn't even pay for a cab." I explain but Rhys's brows furrow.

"Why didn't you call me?"

"Because you live twenty minutes in the other direction of the hospital, so you would have been late to work if you came to mine, it was easier to walk. Atleast I'm on time." I mumble, checking the watch pinned to my scrubs to ensure that I'm on time. "We've got one minute to get to the nurses station." I say alarmingly and we both rush out of the locker room, through the ER radiology department and reach the station right as the clock hits seven.

All my current night nurses are doing handover from the day nurses, each of them learning about the patients that are currently in each bed. Mona comes over to me with a smile and a cup in her hand ready to give me a run down of my ER.

She gives me the facts along with the tablet with each patients charts on it along with all the people waiting to be seen by a physician and the ones waiting to be seen by a nurse too.

Mona goes to walk away but her blonde hair  whips around at the last second and holds out the coffee takeaway cup in her left hand, a smile gracing her untired face as she does so.

"This is for you. I was told to give it to you." She exclaims, far too happy for my liking given that it's a night shift. I take it from her hands with a confused expression while she smiles and walks away towards her patients.

I inspect the cup in my hand and as im turning it, I see the writing on the side.

𝓗𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓮𝓷𝓳𝓸𝔂𝓮𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝔀𝓪𝓵𝓴 𝓼𝓾𝓷𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓮.

-𝓞.𝓚.𝓐

The second my eyes scan those words, my grip on the cup tightens and my face flames.

Did I refuse to get in his car?

Yes, yes I did but did he have to taunt me the second I got here and after he drove off?