𝟷𝟻. 𝙻𝚒𝚙𝚐𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚕 𝚖𝚊𝚖𝚊

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

I've been sat on this bed for hours scrolling through the channels on the tv in the guest room.

There's literally nothing to watch and I don't have Netflix anymore for the same reasons I can barely afford food.

I let out a loud sigh, placing the tv remote back on the bed when my stomach gurgles.

At the sound, the small frustration about the tacos from earlier resurfaces.

Apparently we were "late to the game".

Late to the game.

When did eating tacos turn into a sports game? I just wanted a taco. One measly taco. With cheese, lettuce, some chopped tomatoes and chicken. Maybe with a dollop of whipped cream on top. My brain knows that's gross but my stomach disagrees as it lets out another loud grumble.

I push myself off the bed with another sigh and walk to the kitchen. Well, I shuffle to the kitchen, it's 11pm and I'm tired yet apparently starved.

When I reach the kitchen, I scan through the cupboards on the scour for something sweet but I come up empty handed.

"There's icecream in the freezer." At the sound of owens voice, I practically jolt in the air before my eyes land on him, placing a hand against my chest.

"You big, dumb, pigheaded marshmallow!" I yell without thinking, taking in a deep breath to relax my heart rate.

"That's a new one." He says and I can hear the smirk in his voice as he continues tapping away on his laptop.

"Shut up." I grumble, opening the freezer and my eyes widen at the pistachio ice cream.

Good lord I've been craving this for weeks.

With a huge grin on my face, I pull out the largest spoon and walk over to where Owen is sat on the couch. I sit down on the other side of it, leaning my back against the armrest and tucking my knees up to my chest.

"What're you doing?" I ask, opening the icecream and shovelling some into my mouth with a groan. "God your amazing."

"Thanks." He jokes and I roll my eyes.

"I'm talking to the icecream, marshmallow." I reply, putting another spoonful in my mouth. "So what're you doing?"

"Just going through patient records, you?" He mutters, he's clearly not paying any attention because his gaze hasn't drifted up from the lot screen once.

I look at him but he doesn't look up, what is on that's screen that's is important.

"I'm making a robot to hand feed me icecream.".

"Cool." He says absentmindedly and I roll my eyes, sitting up and moving towards him so that I'm sat directly at his side as I stare down at whatever is on the screen but the second he feels me near him, he slams the laptop shut.