𝟷𝟷. 𝚁𝚘𝚋𝚋𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚗

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

The second the door closes behind me, I rest against the wall.

I was never actually going to leave her fully alone after everything. I couldn't.

It feels like I have to make sure this pregnancy goes the way she needs it too because she didn't get all this last time and that was on me. So I have to make this time so much better for her. That's why I came to the appointment, I told them there was a family emergency and needed the rest of the day off luckily, someone offered to cover my shift.

However I may have told them later then I wanted to so I ended up literally sprinting through the hospital like a greyhound just to get there on time. Luckily, I reached the room just as the doctor was about to walk in.

I'm glad I decided to risk my legs to get there because I could tell the second I walked in, whatever she was thinking was something to do with the last time.

Then she started yelling at me which was honestly a warm welcome, I actually enjoyed it until I saw what was on that little monitor. A little blob with a big head... it might not have actually had that big of a head but I can't help myself.

It was mesmerising.

I watched the way her frustration literally melted out of her whole body the second she saw it and honestly, all the arguing I had lined up melted for awhile too.

Then she grabbed my fingers, I doubt she even realised she still had ahold of them but I did. I absolutely did, my brain stopped and I forgot about everything on the screen for the next five minutes, everytime she saw her baby move slightly or when she heard the heart beat, she'd squeeze them slightly tighter. There was even a moment she adjusted her grip and basically had my hand on her lap.

Once again, I don't think she noticed whatsoever until I mentioned it.

Thats when she called me Bowie. I haven't heard that name in over thirteen years and then she said it. She said it absentmindedly just like she used to and something in my chest felt full. Almost like familiarity. Like it was longing for it and then it came.

She started calling me that when we were about six for multiple reasons. One being that I'd been calling her "Lynny" where as everyone else called her "Ev" and she hated that I called her something different.

The second reason is that my mom would always dress me up in little bow ties when I was a baby and the second she saw all the pictures, she burst out laughing. Like she wasn't the baby beside us wearing a blue headband with a bright pink dress.

Finally, she wanted to piss me off. She loved David Bowie, and I mean loved him when we were young and back then I didn't like him, although over the past few years I've come to be a rather big fan but back then I just wasn't keen on him so she decided "Bowie" was perfect for me.