𝟛𝟛. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚍

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

I left before he woke up this morning, in my defence, my shift was at six am so he wasn't going to be awake regardless but I was out of there like a whippet.

I think part of my brain broke last night after he said he couldn't wait to get out of the house I just felt stupid.

So fucking stupid.

I don't know why, but I thought things might have changed and he wouldn't have wanted to leave the house.

I didn't and don't want him to leave the house.

Having him close by makes me feel safe and I was hoping that he'd want to stay, I thought he wanted to but I was dumb.

He doesn't want to and I can't make him, I've got to prepare to do this alone because at the end of the day, I am going to be a single mother and I may not be doing it all alone but for the most part, I will.

I didn't mean to go so cold on him though. I knew he wouldn't be staying and I was dumb enough to think he would, that's my fault not his.

"Hey!" Rhys shouts, jogging towards when he reaches me he pats my stomach gently, "hi twerp."

"Twerp?" I question with a raised eyebrow, placing the tablet on the counter.

"Yeah. It's my little twerp." He grins, tapping my stomach again and I roll my eyes at him. "Anyway! It's lunch, you going up to see Owen or are we still upset about last night?"

I sigh, resting my elbow against the counter and running my hand across my forehead.

"I shouldn't be upset, I really shouldn't. I knew this but..." I pause not being able to think of the words.

"But things have changed." Rhys finishes for me and I nod my head. "It's okay Ev. Things have changed, you can be as upset as you want, I'll even be upset with you." He offers and I fight back a smile.

"You're a freak." I joke, pushing he shoulder and he sends me his signature smile.

"I know."

"I love you though." I tell him sincerely and his grin widens as he pokes my dimple with his finger.

"You never used to be like this, all emotional and sappy. I like it, it means I don't have to tone down my own comments."

My brows raise expectantly at him, "oh yeah? And what are your comments?"

"That your happier and that makes me happy. Also, I can tell you how much I care about you without you going full on mean girls."

I shake my head as I laugh, looking down at the counter. "Get out of here retriever, go and get lunch."

He smiles again, starting to walk off before he turns back towards me and I send him a questionable look.

"Okay, I know we're upset with him right now, but is it okay if I go and check on him?" He asks sheepishly and my jaw drops with a smile.