𝟻. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

Blowing up on Evelyne.

Not the finest point of my day.

Not matter how much I enjoyed it to begin with, her face after I said it looked like she was shutting down in a way I've never seen before.

I've never even seen her cry, I've seen her pissed to the point my poor jaw took the brunt of it but I've never seen her upset let alone weak.

That's the kind of thing you expect on a blue moon.

Not only that, when has she ever gone home early?

Once in school she had food poisoning and was throwing up in a trash can beside me but refused to leave.

I went in that closest for a bedpan but when I saw her there, I couldn't help but say something then she said she was having a breakdown.

That was thirty minutes ago and it's the end of my shift.

Now I'm just finishing up some paperwork by the nurses station before I finally get my stuff and go back to the house.

I'm just finishing signing my name on the last form when the nurse I gave the coffee too for Evelyne earlier walks towards me.

My eyes scan her up and down with a small smirk but when my eyes land on her face she seems worried and it has nothing to do with me.

"Hey. Doctor Adams?" She questions as I place the paperwork on the desk and clip my pen back in my pocket.

"Yes?" I reply, turning my body towards her.

"How's Evelyne? After she fainted? I mean I saw her after she woke up and I assumed she'd still be in the hospital getting looked over but I checked and she wasn't in her room an-"

"Wait. She fainted?" I ask, the shock clear on my face while he face contorts into the same expression but for a different reason.

"I'm so sorry. I thought you knew. I mean you asked me to give her that coffee and she told us you were a grade ten jackass so I figured you were friends or something and I overheard your next door neighbours." She rambles and I shake my head.
Of course she called me a grade ten jackass.

"It doesn't matter, I'll just ask Rhys how she is. Sorry for bothering you." She adds and I nod my head in response before she bolts off.

I turn towards the lounge to gather my stuff trying to forget about the information I just learned.

If she just passed out, why was she in the closet having a "breakdown".
Once I've gotten my bag and gotten myself a new coffee, I get in my car, and begin driving back to the house.
As I'm driving my mind drifts to he fact that Evelyne passed and then willingly went home?