𝟛𝟡. 𝚆𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙽𝚎𝚎𝚍

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

"Okay, your around three centimetres dilated." Doctor Johnson says, writing down the time and measurement on the tablet and the white board in the room.

The board already recorded my initial intake over thirty minutes ago when I was at two centimetres and in that time I've moved up by one.

"Are you sure you haven't felt anything else the past few days?"

"I thought they were braxton hicks, they've been happening a lot for the past few days. I got a lot of them with Milo for weeks before I even went into labour so I just assumed this was the same." I say, letting my legs rest down on the table.

I had to change out of my scrubs when I got here and into one of the gowns that are alot more comfortable then I originally thought.

"Right well, you have some time to go and we can't give you an epidural till your atleast four centimetres so why don't you get up and walk around the room, try and get that baby to move a little quicker. It might also help with the pain." She suggests and I nod my head. "I'll be back to check on you soon, I'll send your posse in."

"Thanks." I laugh, pushing myself off the bed and onto the floor.

My hand immediately rest against my belly as I walk around the room, well waddle.

I'm not huge, that's part of the reason I'm worried because my stomach isn't that big and I'm terrified that it's too early. What if I'm a few more days I would have popped even more.

"It's your height Ev." Rhys says, walking into the room and immediately towards my side. "Taller women don't show as much in pregnancy, you know that. Doesn't mean twerp isn't big enough."

"I know that but I'm scared." I admit, letting out a deep breath just as Nia walks in too.

"Of course you are." Nia says softly, running her hand along my back again. "But this is it Ev. It's exciting."

"It's agonising." I correct her, leaning my back against the wall.

"But you've done it before. What was your biggest goal this time round?" Rhys asks.

I close my eyes with a sigh, still running my hands across my stomach.

"To not be alone."

"Are you alone?" Nia asks and I look at them both, shaking my head with a small smile. "And it's not just us."

"There's about fifteen people sat outside for you." Rhys finishes for her and my heart warms slightly, some of the anxiety disappearing.

"Your parents and Owen are on their way-"

"I don't want Owen here." I interrupt her and both of them look at eachother in shock, "I can't. I know we spoke yesterday but the only reason I was calm was because I was happy to see him ,now, I just can't. I can't look at him."