𝟚𝟝. 𝚂𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚎

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

"Owen. You have one more chance to wake up." Evelyne whispers in my ear the next morning.

Going to bed last night was so unbelievably weird.

I walked away from that kitchen with so many palpitations that if my patient had the same issue, I'd be preforming so many labs right now.

I also have no idea what I was thinking hugging her. Never in my life have I hugged anyone to the point my parents thought I was autistic for so long and maybe I am but I was never actually diagnosed so they just accepted the fact that physical touch is most definitely not my love language.

Women in college and med school would always try and hug me either before or after we hooked up and still, I never did. I never even kissed them which I'm aware, makes me sound horrible but it was just never something I could do otherwise the other person could take it as commitment.

The last time I kissed someone was in high school, fourteen years ago so tell me why after all that time I've never had the temptation to break that streak until last night.

Last night, I was so close to breaking it that my control was hanging by a thread.

I put it down to the fact my brain was all over the place after Lynny seeing her son, her hugging me and then Minnie kicking.

She's only eighteen weeks, I wasn't expecting her to feel anything, most women don't until I realised this isn't her face time experiencing it.

When I felt that small nudge against my stomach I could practically feel all those walls I've built crumbling at the seams and when I looked up at Lynny who looked at me like she wouldn't have wanted anyone else there in that moment, they fully crumpled and the overwhelming sense of protectiveness flooded me.

Part of me wants to keep my distance from her but the other small part of me wants to be around her 24/7.

I'd already decided which one I was going to choose, that is until right now.

I grunt at her request, shoving my fave further into my pillow.

"Okay!" She chirps, "I did warn you."

"What?" I ask but she doesn't respond.

I'm about to ask again when what feels like a bucket of ice cold water is tipped over my face making catapult up with water droplets dripping down my jaw.

"What the actual fuck is wrong with you?" I basically shout, rubbing the water out of my eyes while she is in hysterics somewhere beside me.

When my blurry vision turns clear, I turn my head to see her curled up on the other side of the bed, laughing her ass off.

She somehow managed to get the water only on me and none on my bed so I lie back down with a groan, water still dripping down my face. Her hand shoots up as her laughter dies down and hands me a small face cloth to dry my face, so I take it and do just that.