𝟛𝟝. 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

Six weeks.

Six fucking weeks, that's how long it's been since I've so much as locked eyes with Owen and even when I did it was briefly on his last day in hospital when he was waiting for a scan.

Over a whole month, we went from seeing each other every day to not at all for a month and my heart is aching.

He said he wouldn't leave but he's nowhere to be found.

I tried, I tried everyday after I found out he blocked visitors but even my sweet talking couldn't convince them into letting me through.

I should have known then and there something was wrong, he was doing the classic Owen thing and distancing himself.

Actually, I should have known that the second I got the deed to his house. He was saving that letter until he found a place but he gave it to me right after that whole thing.

All I know from my brief conversation with the doctor was that there's no sign of a post op infection and that he was safe to go home that day I saw him, but where is his home?

I even tried to send my friends in there to get check on him but there was nothing, he'd quiet literally blocked everyone from coming in probably because he knew I'd be sending people to make sure he was actually okay.

That's what hurts more, he knows how much I care and he's blocked me from seeing him because he won't talk this out with me like an adult. Instead he's digressed into the sixteen year old i once knew.

By about week four, I'd asked everyone I knew for any information but nobody knew where he was.

During this time, milo came over for his weekly visits mostly asking where Owen was but I had nothing to tell him. In the short time he's known Owen, milo has come to adore him and I couldn't bring myself to tell him that this is what he does. He leaves when things get complicated.

Now, it's Milo's birthday party, his actual birthday was days ago during the week but we couldn't host a party then.

We enrolled him in a school during the month I was off work but he didn't get accepted until the week of Owens disappearing act and since then, he's made some friends.

He's made a lot of friends actually to the point seeing them all in my back yard is kind of intimidating.

"Right people!" Nia shouts, clapping her hands together. "You have fifteen minutes for the first round. Laser tag is simple, you've already been debriefed on the rules and this game is competitive-"

"So whoever wins will get a shot of vodka!" Rhys interrupts and my eyes widen, slapping his shoulder forcefully.

"No!" I exclaim, turning to the sixteen kids in the yard, "whoever wins gets first pick of the songs in the dome and a gift voucher that you can spend pretty much anywhere."