𝟚𝟛. 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚃𝚘𝚘

⋆⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧⋆

Weeks later, Owen and I are sat in a booth at the bar, both with our laptops out, researching as much as we can.

The past twenty days, my eyes have been glued to the screen so much so that I'm worried my eyes may never be the same again.

Between shifts at the hospital and Owen constantly leaving the house for a reason unknown to me, we haven't had the time to sit down and actually talk about what we're going to do. Which means we have a few days to figure out considering I told the chief we'd have a solid idea by the end of the month.

"What about a free clinic? We can treat people without insurance, catch things before they get too bad and we can do vaccines." I ask absentmindedly, grabbing a chip from the packet and reading whatever information is on my screen. When I don't get an answer for a moment, I look up at him only to see him shaking his head with his face slightly scrunched.

I guess that idea was terrible.

"What?" Owen asks, scrubbing his face in exhaustion.

I don't blame him for being tired, we haven't caught a break the past few weeks.

After Omar's surgery, we both retreated into our own little shells to somehow spawn an idea that would actually work in this situation and man is it hard, we'll, I have. I'm not sure what he's been doing.

"A pro bono day." I change my answer, "We find out what patients can't afford their surgeries for whatever circumstances and we preform the surgeries for free. I thought the concept was quite simple." I explain and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Yeah. I got that. Infact I already wrote that down and it's at the top of the list." He deadpans and I groan, scrubbing my eyes with my hands.

I don't know what it is but the past few days, my legs have been killing me and that coupled with eye strain, headaches and having to constantly be on my feet for work, is frustrating.

It's like frustration is the only thing I can feel anymore. First it was my clothes and now it's just pain.

However, I did solve my clothes irritation problem although it's not the most ethical. I just steal some clothes from owens laundry once they've been washed and wear them whenever I can, I'd like to think he doesn't notice but I catch him looking at the hoodies I'm wearing, clearly asking himself if it's his or not.

"My calves are about to fall off and my eyes are about to fall out." I groan, leaning down and massaging the back of my leg with my fingers.

"That's what happens when you do back to back shifts with absolutely no reason to do them." He scoffs and I use the leg I'm not massaging to kick his shin.

With the way I haven't been able to sleep, I've been sneaking into work a lot during the night to try and tire myself out and it does work, I just totally forget that he tired out my calves as well.